Bevmax DN5xxx

Dubs6476

Guy selling one of these for $1100 but i think he'd be happy to take $700. He just replaced the compressor back in august so should be good for a while. I don't have any glass front machines, this would be my first. What usually goes wrong with them/what should i look for in this? I purchased a USI HR40 for $500 Canadian from same fella so I hope tol be picking up both tomorrow evening.

How do I figure out model number as well? All it says is DN5xxx

post-11258-0-82085200-1461656370_thumb.jpg

post-11258-0-95530100-1461656486_thumb.jpg

The actual model number will be inside the machine to the left of the bottom two shelves.  It's probably a 5591.  It is MDB ready.  The things to pay attention to are that every selection is properly shimmed so it vends well.  There is a large variety of shims made for various products and there might be a label above the power supply that lists some of them and their uses.  There is one or two drop sensors that most people bypass when they start beeping as they get misaligned.  The short sighted vendors that bypass the sensors then lose the ability to ensure that customers don't lose money when a product gets stuck.

I have one in service and it does a very good job provided it is shimmed correctly. only downside I can say to it is that since it is a drop machine some folks are prone to shaking the &@%$ out of it to try to get free beverages. If you put it in a safe place it should do great

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
On 2016-04-27 at 4:11 PM, Mr Ed said:

I have one in service and it does a very good job provided it is shimmed correctly. only downside I can say to it is that since it is a drop machine some folks are prone to shaking the &@%$ out of it to try to get free beverages. If you put it in a safe place it should do great

Bringing back an older topic, Yeah I have this installed in a school and dealing with this....

20 oz gatorades keeps getting stuck in the column below. Is there a shim i can get to avoid this? I have the thinnest shims (that came with machine) in the columns  at the moment......

3 hours ago, Dubs6476 said:

https://www.amazon.ca/Kanulock-Lockable-Reinforced-Stainless-Straps/dp/B0094BHE50/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1488614958&sr=8-1&keywords=kanulock&th=1

Was thinking of something like this to anchor the machine to the 5 wide snack machine beside it to prevent the shaking of machine. Thoughts?

I use two 8" heavy duty metal straps along with self tapping (#8) machine screws to attach machines together. It really cuts down on the shaking issues. I get them from Home Depot. They cost less than $3 a piece. 

4 hours ago, Dubs6476 said:

20 oz gatorades keeps getting stuck in the column below. Is there a shim i can get to avoid this? I have the thinnest shims (that came with machine) in the columns  at the moment......

Shims will only control whether the bottle vends correctly from it's own column. If the bottle is releasing from the column, but not dropping correctly, do you have diving boards installed? They come in two lengths, so it might be worth trying both lengths to find which works best for you.

In this machine (in unmodified form) each shelf is set back marginally from the one above it to prevent the bottom of the bottle catching on the lower shelf. Check that the shelves have not been modified (all the shelf hangers will be on a single metal strip with the mounting tabs bent out). Also make sure the machine is level front to back. If it is leaning back even a little the shelf offsets will probably not be enough.

4 hours ago, Dubs6476 said:

Was thinking of something like this to anchor the machine to the 5 wide snack machine beside it to prevent the shaking of machine. Thoughts?

I have one 5591 that has shaking issues depending on placement (it moves depending on summer or winter) In Winter mode it is placed in a room with a springy floor - people walking past make the machine shake - and I use upside down shelf brackets to attach it to the wall which stopped 98% of the problem. In Summer mode it is on a concrete floor with 3 other machines alongside. For this I have a 2x4 screwed down across the top of all the machines, which makes it extremely hard to rock or shake an individual machine (and no one has yet managed to shake the entire bank at a total weight of around a ton).

Gatorade doesn't require any shims so you should remove any that you have installed.  As Falls said your shelves below the top shelf or two require stabilizers or "diving boards" on each selection.  This is a clear plastic flap that protrudes out from each selection beyond the shelf front.  It helps push the bottom of the bottle toward the glass so the bottle's bottom won't be as likely to hit on a lower shelf.  Email me at rbepic4gatgmaildotcom if you need some.

Archived