helpwith coin mech

vendbend

Hello I just got this machine and the first picture is the coin mech it is supposed to have BUT someone stuck an eagle coin mech (that is more triangle in shape) 2nd picture in it so it doesn't fit in the hole of the original very well and kind of hangs out I have searched all over internet and can not find out what kind of original coin mech this game takes soo... any suggestions?  this coin mech works but it is in rough shape and I now have to take it apart an readjust the wheel should I try to find out the original kind maybe it too was an eagle I dont know should I replace the door that holds the mech? so the mech will fit better?  this little machine vends 2" balls it dispenses them down into a small mechanical elevator and you push the lever up to put ball in playing field 

1425775.jpg?1321995243775

s-l1600.jpg

dear bouncy I can see why you are concerned about the cost I know 25 cents does not cover cost of 2" bouncy balls but I am using colorful ping pong balls and keeping it at 25 cents since you only get 1 play per quarter I just wanted something  the kids can play cheap I might go 50 cents mech If I post the size of the hole the mech fits in the door can you suggest a good coin mech and wheel to go in there?

I did some sleuthing, and here's what I've come up with. The manufacturer is Belita, a now defunct manufacturing company out of France. They produced a bunch of pseudo-vending stuff from the mid-80's to the early 2000's as far as I can tell, though there's not much more to go on than a few archived results out there and closed ebay sales. In a way they appear to be kinda like Bay-Tek was around the same time.

be1f83b70cb7f1908c0ccd4ceddb28bd.png

Sort of a precursor to the OK Manufacturing Soccer Unit perhaps?

The mech pictured is a 1 Euro mechanism. Who made it is hard to say, as the European vending market has a LOT more manufacturers and imports than we have here in North America, so it's hard to say whose it is. Unless you plan on shipping it back across the ocean, I wouldn't bother looking for the original mech.

Were I in your position, I would heed Bouncy Balls advice. You have a very unique piece of equipment there, and as an interactive unit (with multi-player no less) it will drive sales. I would look into adapting a $1 mech on there as soon as I was able. However, as it sounds like the previous owner has already modified the machine to work here, I'm not sure how much work that would entail, or how you'd go about getting started. Shoot some pictures of the hole for the mechanism, the gear that makes it spin, and exact dimensions. I make no promises, but I can at least point you in the right direction of getting something that will fit better if the Eagle mech isn't going to work for you. Look forward to hearing from you! ^_^

I will post pictures and dimensions to see if I can fit a 50 cent mech in it but it will be a few days I am very busy right now and I have to learn how to post pictures here from my phone but I will be happy to get any suggestions

I would throw it away. Every minute spent on " making something odd useful" is a minute you could have spent operating something common that will make money with no issues.

Thanks a lot, Musser.

My wife read your post and threw me in the dumpster....

Archived