Toy Soldier questions

bullyfrog

Sorry for the newb questions. Like the title says, this is on an older 30" Toy Soldier crane. I'm trying to figure out what's going on with the price settings and available options for the coin comparator and bill acceptor. I've got several questions so I'm just gonna throw them out. As is now, it's set to free play. How do I change it to accept money? How do I check and set the price? What's up with the plug beside the coin comparator? Am I ok running the comparator that's already installed or is there a better option? What options do I have for a DBA? Is there anything else I need to check or upgrade while I'm going through it?

Toy soldier 1

Toy soldier 2

Look here for the manual to change price setting, claw strength, etc..:

http://www.bmigaming.com/Games/Manuals/coastal-amusements/toy-soldier-31-40-claw-crane-redemption-game-operators-manual-coastal-amusements.pdf

The plug next to coin mech is for the coin comparator. You can basically use any type of bill validator you want, but I use MEI bill acceptors since they are more reliable. I also do not use the coin comparator mechs since they seem to jam more on me in the wild. I replaced all my mechs with Imonex R9 mechs which is a roll down style. All you have to do is cut a couple wire out of that plug you see in the picture.

I've got the dip switch settings now. I'll give them a shot once I have the machine in front of me again. I still don't understand the reason for that plug. Does it serve a purpose being installed through the front of the cabinet like that? 

I've got the dip switch settings now. I'll give them a shot once I have the machine in front of me again. I still don't understand the reason for that plug. Does it serve a purpose being installed through the front of the cabinet like that? 

I didn't look at the picture good enough.. This crane isn't on free play(don't think toy soldiers have it), there is a credit button installed on the front of the coin box. The green wire is the ground and the other wire is for the coin switch. Did they cut it out from that wiring that usually attaches to the coin comparator?

Well, at least it's starting to make sense. That explains why I couldn't find free play anywhere in the manual. There are 2 wires plugged in to the switch. One is white with a blue stripe, the other is black. I'll have to look closer once I have the machine in front of me again to see where the wires are coming from.

That coin Mac looks broke anyway, with the return lever halfway down, plus it's unplugged , we have to take the free play that is mounted on the front off and just replace it with a carriage bolt, just buy a used Mars with a 500 or 300 magazine, 2400 series up stacker, make sure it has the 2008 five dollar purple update, plus you need a Mars that is 110 V and has a plug-in and harness, should cost $60-$100 on eBay total

Archived