3rd Party Issues

I recently took over some accounts from another company. Some of the locations have Pepsi HVV machines. The former company is no longer in business and hasn't bought product from Pepsi in a year. I have been in business 6 months and Pepsi won't give me any machines until I have been buying from them for a year. Should I tell Pepsi my situation? Can they remotely turn off my locks? Pepsi does not know where most of the machines are located.

Sales people want to sell the product that is number one. They can help get you with what you need. You will have to play along for a bit to get access to those vendors. The previous owners key fob is registered to him. My guess is if he is still in business the key fob are still in his possession.  You will have to get the asset numbers off the vendors and provide them to the Pepsi sales rep and then sign a new contract with Pepsi. Upon doing so Pepsi will issue the key fob to open the vendors. If they don't have the key on record or don't know it they will have to send a service tech out to scan the lock to see what  key fob has been used. They may have the correct fob in stock. If not they can order it. Once you get the correct fob change it because the previous owner will still have access to those vendors. The process is simple

Open the vendor and find the lock on the left side of the door looking at it from inside. On the lock, you will find a small mode button press the mode button and you will see a small led light up. Then the take the new key fob and aim where the optic sensor is. The key fob and led will go through some flashing. It only takes a few seconds. This can only be done with the door open and power to the vendor. One last thing, don't close the door until you verify the lock is operating correctly. Locate the striker plate in the cabinet. Push on that plate and it will activate the lock you will see and hear the locking stud turn and pull in. Once it stops the aim the new key fob at the door optics to make sure key fob has been changed. 

They should be willing to transfer the existing assets in the field to your account, of course you will then be responsible for making quota on those machines.  They may not want to give you any more until your year is up, but they should appreciate getting that equipment back into the fold... I have never had to transfer equipment with Pepsi, but have done it with coke and 7 up no problems...

Archived