Vendo 312 questions and TRC-6800H/VN2511 wire harness

Hi, I am new here and I picked up a Vendo 312 for cheap just for fun at the shop at home (not public sales). post-11706-0-37464500-1462845697_thumb.jpg

When I got it it had a apparently widely popular 6800 coin mech, which was jammed and i cleared and it rejected coins. Thanks to google and this site I was able to re-calibrate it and it works wonderfully.  Also when I got it the lighting didn't work. For my purposes it didn't really matter, but I though it would make a good "night light" in the shop, so took out the florescent tubes and got a LED strip light like 5 meters long and affixed it around the inside perimeter and connected a 12 volt adapter/transformer inside the front (disconnecting the ballast) and it worked out pretty good I thought, plus the power usage is lowered.post-11706-0-79375700-1462846068_thumb.jpg

It didn't have a bill validator, but I wanted to add it since there was a spot and I got what says its a vn2501 bill validator, but it looks like it has the 2511 face plate, which is really what I wanted anyway. I assume they are the same thing other than the plate.  I got a cable to hook it up, but it seems I have an incorrect cable somewhere. I was hoping someone could point me to what I need.   My 6800 has a 12 pin male and a 6 pin female connector on this pigtail and the bill validator has a 9 pin male harness.  I am guessing I need to change one or the other. post-11706-0-96602900-1462845705_thumb.jpgpost-11706-0-87226000-1462845712_thumb.jpg

Also just make it look nicer does anyone know if the little plastic flavor windows would be available?  Mine are very fogged looking.  This is a Dr Pepper machine and they are parallelogram shaped The only ones I can find are rectangular.

I have it vending cans quite fine.  According to the door panel it will vend cans 2 deep (as currently configured) or bottles single deepth. Just out of curiosity what is involved in making it vend bottles?  There are some instructions but they are rather faded and also have some mold on them making them impossible to read..  I was playing around with it and as it works it seems it would only vend a bottle every other time due to the way it dispenses/loads it is expecting a can in the back slot.  Do you have to change the bucket deal or is it a more simple thing?  I mean for me it isn't important, but I am curious most of all. I like to mess with things and understand them.

You need an interconnect harness between the validator and your coin mech. I can send you one. I can also check if the angled flavor windows are available but I can't promise that. Your validator will fit fi e if it has the flashing arrows on it (bottler bezel). As for the bottles this is a can machine and you might get it to do 16 or 16.9 oz bottles depending on the vend mechanism. Do you have round rotors in the bottom of each column?

Hi, I am new here and I picked up a Vendo 312 for cheap just for fun at the shop at home (not public sales). attachicon.gif20160403_203256_resized.jpg

When I got it it had a apparently widely popular 6800 coin mech, which was jammed and i cleared and it rejected coins. Thanks to google and this site I was able to re-calibrate it and it works wonderfully.  Also when I got it the lighting didn't work. For my purposes it didn't really matter, but I though it would make a good "night light" in the shop, so took out the florescent tubes and got a LED strip light like 5 meters long and affixed it around the inside perimeter and connected a 12 volt adapter/transformer inside the front (disconnecting the ballast) and it worked out pretty good I thought, plus the power usage is lowered.attachicon.gif20160414_211349.jpg

It didn't have a bill validator, but I wanted to add it since there was a spot and I got what says its a vn2501 bill validator, but it looks like it has the 2511 face plate, which is really what I wanted anyway. I assume they are the same thing other than the plate.  I got a cable to hook it up, but it seems I have an incorrect cable somewhere. I was hoping someone could point me to what I need.   My 6800 has a 12 pin male and a 6 pin female connector on this pigtail and the bill validator has a 9 pin male harness.  I am guessing I need to change one or the other. attachicon.gif20160507_205301_resized.jpgattachicon.gif20160507_205311_resized.jpg

Also just make it look nicer does anyone know if the little plastic flavor windows would be available?  Mine are very fogged looking.  This is a Dr Pepper machine and they are parallelogram shaped The only ones I can find are rectangular.

I have it vending cans quite fine.  According to the door panel it will vend cans 2 deep (as currently configured) or bottles single deepth. Just out of curiosity what is involved in making it vend bottles?  There are some instructions but they are rather faded and also have some mold on them making them impossible to read..  I was playing around with it and as it works it seems it would only vend a bottle every other time due to the way it dispenses/loads it is expecting a can in the back slot.  Do you have to change the bucket deal or is it a more simple thing?  I mean for me it isn't important, but I am curious most of all. I like to mess with things and understand them.

Stick with cans,  carbonated sodas in bottles tend to go flat after three months where cans are good for ten months.  You should be able to do bottles but this usually requires a different shim set up, rod adjustment and cam adjustment which is usually spelled out pretty well on Dixie machines but it sounds like yours is obliterated.  As for the buttons, remember that Dixie made this machine for Dr. Pepper and those buttons will be hard to come by.  You should try some plastic polish on them.  If anybody can find them it will be Randy (AZ) I'll bet he's got some in that horde he keeps   ;D  ;D  ;D

They also made this style of machine for 7up (if you think about it, and turned the machine upside down, it kind of looks like the number 7. I've always heard them being referred to as "7 style" machines). I had one and was never able to find those angled select buttons. If the fogging is on the outside, you can try polishing them as moondog suggested. They make a polish just for that type of plastic (we use them for our patrol car lightbars), but I can't remember the brand name. I'll ask one of my partners and let you know. If the fogoing is inside the button, you might be stuck with what you have.

Archived