Help with Dixie 501E

I'm having a weird issue with a 501e. Two selections are saying select another. When I do a motor test on those selections the motor just keeps turning and dropping cans one after another. I change the motor switches on those selections which didn't correct it. Also on the same machine I cant get out of service mode unless I unplug it. Any thoughts?

A couple of things could be going on. Without getting into a lot of technical stuff I will attempt to explain. When you push the door switch the control board will go into a diagnostic mode and look for any jammed columns. Any switch that is on the high side of the cam is considered to be jammed and it will try to run that motor for a period of time if that switch doesn't close in that amount of time it is considered jammed and then it goes to the next one. The switch when in the vend mode is in the normally  closed position. That completes the circuit. Breaking the circuit ie broken wire, broken switch, and a defective control board  will put that column in an out of order state.

1. Replace the switch on the affected motor you did that

2. Inspect the wiring harness for any nicks or cuts.

3. Do a master reset on the control board this will clear any STS, Time schedules, prices, and set price to 99.95. This done by holding the mode button on the control for 45sec. I count to 60. Watch the display when it has reset it will scroll across resetting and price will change. Now press the door switch and check to see if those motors still turn.

4. If all else has failed you will need to ohm the wiring harness. Go to the schematic on the door and look for the affected column. place one lead on the common or the N/C terminal then the unplug harness from the board (make sure to power down vendor) locate the pin to the affected switch. Get a small paper clip (so not to damage pin) and insert into the plug. You should have continuity from both sides of the switch if it isn't depressed. If you have continuity then the board is most likely the problem. If no continuity there is a break in the harness somewhere. 

Look for damaged wires at the lower left corner of the motor cover where the wires exit to go to the logic board.  Also make sure that both black logic board connectors on the lower left corner of the board are fully seated.  Also that there are no wires that have come loose from one of those connectors.

Bad door switch or wire to switch have breaks or bad connection in harness from door switch to board or bad board.

Switch

Connection

Wire to board

Connection to board

Board

Pretty much the same theory with the motors and related switches.

Start a most likely (mechanical) and cheapest and work your way back to the board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived