USI Cooling Deck

There is no way of knowing when a cooling deck is going to fail. A new one has almost as much chances to fail as an old one. Like the old saying if it isn't broke don't mess with it. Keep the condenser clean and make sure you are 4" from the wall is the best thing you can do. Have a good refrigeration tech that you can call when it does fail. For me if a customer brings me a deck I can have it rebuilt that day or the next morning. Too many styles of USI decks to have them just sitting on the shelf. USI are pretty proud of theirs.

There is no way of knowing when a cooling deck is going to fail. A new one has almost as much chances to fail as an old one. Like the old saying if it isn't broke don't mess with it. Keep the condenser clean and make sure you are 4" from the wall is the best thing you can do. Have a good refrigeration tech that you can call when it does fail. For me if a customer brings me a deck I can have it rebuilt that day or the next morning. Too many styles of USI decks to have them just sitting on the shelf. USI are pretty proud of theirs.

The problem is, it is broke and no one close by that repairs them. It is starting to frost over the coil and yes it is clean and all 4 fans are working. We just purchaced this on location so we don't know the history on it but it was 3/4 froze over we thawed it down and within in 20 was starting to frost over.

That unit needs to be recharged with freon so you need to find a refrigeration tech to do that for you.  If you're in vending and you have no one to repair refrigeration for you then it's going to be a long haul to prosperity.

There are refrigeration people everywhere.

You need to identify one that will do quality work at a price you are willing to pay. Then the hard part is to convince them to work for you. If you remove the units from your machines the people are much more likely to be interested in this work.

I think the people who are working on the refrigerated restaurant kitchen equipment are your best shot.

Do not call and ask if they will fix a vending machine. Show up at their shop with a unit and ask. No one wants to work on a unit on their hands and knees where they can barely see the parts.

Walta

I know you are all trying to help but i am wanting a deck. I like having a deck on hand to just swap at a location then get the take out repaired and ready for the next down unit. I know you guys are going to say it's a waist of money to just have a deck sitting around but my time is valuable and it's a waist having a machine on site not selling anything while waiting for repair. That is why I wanted a reconditioned deck as I now have 4 of these machines on locations that have no space for a bigger better machine. I have a cooling repair guy that is good, reasonable priced but slow.

Finding used spare unit will be difficult and or expensive.

I think you are more likely to find a used machine for less money than a deck alone.

Do you have a fleet CB300?

If not from a dollar and cents point of view keeping a different model soda machine on hand and ready to swap whenever a CB300 should fail.

Walta

Finding used spare unit will be difficult and or expensive.

I think you are more likely to find a used machine for less money than a deck alone.

Do you have a fleet CB300?

If not from a dollar and cents point of view keeping a different model soda machine on hand and ready to swap whenever a CB300 should fail.

Walta

I have a couple DN276E on hand but it's too wide for the location. Until they remodel there break rooms I am stuck with the cb300's unless there is another better machine out there that size I don't know of.

Archived