Servicing your accounts - product carriers

Hey guys.

I currently vend out of a dodge cargo caravan. The way I have to pack my van is chips on their side with a hole punched out of each case to grab from. My questions is what do you guys use to carry your different brands of chips into the location. I use coolers for chocolate and food but there isn't enough room to keep gently opening the cases of chips and prekitting different selections in a case

I did rolling warehouse about like you are describing, I did get some organization with plastic totes that I could repack with certain products and get some extra space, but not being able to carry full cases of everything means I ran out a lot.  The totes I was using are the milk crate size thin plastic organizers that wal-mart sells - after the back to school sales they usually have a bunch on markdown - can get them for 2 or 3 bucks instead of 10 or 11!  They last me 2 or 3 years... always had a couple empty with cardboard covering the bottom holes to gather up the order and go in.  The best plan (that I took WAY too long to switch to) is prekitting for each location.   There are a couple ways to do it, high tech with a program like ParLevel is one.  Another vendor I know who has taught me a lot used a much simpler method - he carried a pocket notebook and on each visit he wrote down what he thought the machine would need on his next visit....  when it was time to run the route again he went into his storage room with the notebook and a bunch of empty chip boxes, loaded up and out he went!

It sucks vending out of a van. I normally vend out of a box truck and I have a maybe 4 foot tall refrigerator looking container that I bought from Costco. It doesn't get cold but it keeps the heat out so I can store my candy in there. Once I go into a location and see what it needs, I go back to the truck and put the snacks in a blue container that I bought at Home Depot. It's in the moving/storing section. On another note, my box truck has been having problems lately and I have been vending out of my fiat 500 lol. You'd be surprised how many sodas I can fit in there.

It sucks vending out of a van. I normally vend out of a box truck and I have a maybe 4 foot tall refrigerator looking container that I bought from Costco. It doesn't get cold but it keeps the heat out so I can store my candy in there. Once I go into a location and see what it needs, I go back to the truck and put the snacks in a blue container that I bought at Home Depot. It's in the moving/storing section. On another note, my box truck has been having problems lately and I have been vending out of my fiat 500 lol. You'd be surprised how many sodas I can fit in there.

The thing about compact cars is that you have very little wasted space.  With a box truck, you need a lot of space in the middle to move throughout the back.  I think we can all agree that it's way more comfortable to deliver a lot of accounts out of a box truck than a compact car, but the amazing part is that you never really have to enter a compact vehicle.  Just reach in and take what you need.  It's no fun, especially when it's hot, but I have been there and I know how much I can get done lol.  Multiple trips to sam's club though... that gets old quick.

I operate out of an suv and do 4-5 accounts a day. I have my chip boxes with a hole cut in them at the rear seat doors. In the back I have drinks on one side and the other I have 4 totes that carry enough of each snack I carry. I do my inventory and then load a large tote that I keep in the passenger seat. I hang my hand truck on a bike rack on the outside of my suv for more room inside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived