Vinyl siding peeling

Hey everyone I'm hoping you can help. I recently took ownership of five vending machines that are all placed in outdoor locations year round. They do not bend food or drink only dry products. They are located at a car wash so think air fresheners and things like that.

Hey everyone I'm hoping you can help. I recently took ownership of five vending machines that are all placed in outdoor locations year round. They do not bend food or drink only dry products. They are located at a car wash so think air fresheners and things like that

The clear plastic siding on the machines is all bloated and peeling off, probably from water. My question is this: do I really need this kind of siding on these outdoor machines? It seems like it will be a pain to replace them regularly if they're going to remain outside which they are. What is the purpose of the siding other than to protect the graphics underneath?

Any thoughts, or suggestions on alternative products would be very helpful. Thank you

If they are plastic panels then they were put on instead of repairing the surfaces and repainting the cabinets.  It's entirely up to you whether you leave them on or not but the cabinet underneath may be in bad shape.  I will say that those panels should not be put on an outdoor machine as they don't handle heat well due to the adhesive they use. 

Archived