Upclycling Vendstar Stands

Zigzag Vending

Hello,

I am new to this forum and to vending. I got started by buying a route of old Vendstars (white wheels and coin trays) and leftover machines for parts. But alot of the machines are in terrible condition, broken, unable to be used even after a paint job. Now I'm searching for new canisters and having great success putting more machines out with them, but at the end of it all I will have a lot of unused stands. I'm planning on painting all of them (including the ones on location, maybe) with the Rustoleum cast iron black. Does anybody know of anyone making universal single or double mounting plates with a collar that will fit onto the Vendstar stand or to weld onto it? Or any other suggestions you might have? Thanks in advance for any input!!

Jake

Hello,

I am new to this forum and to vending. I got started by buying a route of old Vendstars (white wheels and coin trays) and leftover machines for parts. But alot of the machines are in terrible condition, broken, unable to be used even after a paint job. Now I'm searching for new canisters and having great success putting more machines out with them, but at the end of it all I will have a lot of unused stands. I'm planning on painting all of them (including the ones on location, maybe) with the Rustoleum cast iron black. Does anybody know of anyone making universal single or double mounting plates with a collar that will fit onto the Vendstar stand or to weld onto it? Or any other suggestions you might have? Thanks in advance for any input!!

Jake

Check out this thread, Nick 505 converted some of his vendstar stands and they look pretty good.

http://vendiscuss.net/index.php?/topic/8605-the-only-thing-a-vendstar-is-good-for/?hl=%2Bpainted+%2Bvendstar

I had considered a "permanent" adapter to a vendstar stand by drilling out a block of wood to the pipe diameter about half way through, fitting it onto the stand, and then locking them together with some sort of powerful adhesive. Then you can adapt whatever you'd want onto the top with some wood screws. Ultimately I wound up selling the stands I was thinking about though- turns out they're worth something when they're in good enough shape. :rolleyes:

My paint of choice for Vendstar stands is Rustoleum gloss black "hammered" finish. It comes in a can or as a spray from most hardware stores. Makes even the most horribly rusted and battered gear look pretty sharp... or at the very least serviceable. Good luck!

Archived