MDB - Credit Cards - Software/Eprom Upgrades

Chard

I've noticed that more and more frequently I'm having to upgrade software on equipment before I can run card readers.  I thought I would list a few of the most common upgrades I've encountered and ask for some help on an AMS Sensit III

Dixie 501e - Eprom must be upgraded to 801.21 or higher (version may differ but this is what I've encountered)  I've found S. Thomas and Associates to be the best supplier for these eproms.

Vendo 721 - Must have 12.1 Rev 43 eprom  - These are hard to get.  I've bought them here or there, but cannot find a consistent supply

AMS Sensit (all models) cannot process cards by preselection authorization, must preauthorize purchase price before selection.  I have a AMS Sensit III that will not communicate with the modem right now.  I believe I need to upgrade the software.  It currently has 1.06 software on the board, which I am told is way out of date.

National/Crane 158/168 - Card Reader must be turned on through the vendors software to run cards.

USI - Never had a problem running cards on these machines, just don't report cash sales.

Help on the AMS Sensit III is great appreciated.

501E non-Coke programming is 381.41 and can replace a Coke chip with no adverse effects. I make these myself ridiculously cheap. What's a fair price to sell these?

AMS machines have always been a pain. I end up replacing with a new computer board to make problems go away.

Was able to get the AMS Sensit III up and running today.  The firmware was out of date.  I got the new software emailed to me and made sure to put it only on a 2gb Micro SD Card(I originally tried the card in my phone which is 32gb and it rejected the card), updated the firmware, reset the prices and we're up and running.

Now i just need to get the right eprom for the Vendo 721.

I put in a corrupted eprom in a Vendo 721 today and it made the board scramble the display.  Tried the chip in several boards, that were known working and the problem was reproduced... (BAD EPROM) never expected that.

I put in a corrupted eprom in a Vendo 721 today and it made the board scramble the display.  Tried the chip in several boards, that were known working and the problem was reproduced... (BAD EPROM) never expected that.

It might be the fact that the eprom is programmed to use another display, the 5digit and fluo-display needs different eprom versions.

I was not aware that the v21 series had various displays.  This is a pepsi/generic front machine.  What type of display is it?

I called Greater America Distributing and they are sending a chip, but I didn't think to tell nor did they ask what type of display that I have.

I don't think there is more than one display used in that model of machine.  I have had some eproms just not like the machine they were put in and only the factory eprom would work.  The only machines with varying displays are the DNs that had 7 or 14 segment displays, and maybe a couple of different ones in older Vendos as the displays were upgraded during production.

I don't think there is more than one display used in that model of machine. I have had some eproms just not like the machine they were put in and only the factory eprom would work. The only machines with varying displays are the DNs that had 7 or 14 segment displays, and maybe a couple of different ones in older Vendos as the displays were upgraded during production.

In that case I retract my statement. Here in Europe Vendo uses two different displays for all they machines, based on customers preferences, and they demands different kind of eprom-versions.

Sorry for misguiding, Chard.

Does anyone have experience here with the Mini MDB Tester for sale on Capital Vending website?

Looking for pro or cons or other equipment which may work better or in short stop the NPF returns

from a vending route owner to the changer / validator repair depots.

I assume you mean NFF for no fault found.  I would recommend just keeping spares of each of your validators and mechs so that you can do a quick swap when you have a problem.  If the replacement works then you're good and can test the one you remove in another machine to confirm whether it's bad or not.  If you have a few years of service in them you will probably find that they are bad or at least they should be serviced anyway.  If you have had a few sent back to you with no fault found then you are probably too sensitive to normal issues that these units can have.  Some basic troubleshooting will quickly determine whether your problem is actually in a validator or coin mech.  

After a new eprom and another problem with the display I contacted Vendo Tech Support.

I found out that Vendo does indeed have two different displays for the V21 models, a blue display and a red display.

The red display, which we have on all our units, is on a trade unit.  Only Eprom 12.1 will work with this version of display.  To run cards, we need the 12.1 v35 eprom chip. 

The blue display units need Eprom 12.3 which has higher revision numbers of which I do not know which ones are appropriate for credit cards.

I thought this might be helpful for everyone.

Archived