What's your machine breakdown?

Scrum

I'm doing research about getting into the vending business. I am reading a vending book suggested by one of the members in the forum (written by a member in the forum), and I'm trying to gain some insight on the machines and equipment people are using. I'm not really sure how this could be a scam. Please let me know if I said something wrong.

Great!

I have just enough to keep me busy at times, 15 snack machines, just a few more cold drink machines.

Mixture of AP snack machines and one USI along with a Rowe.

No cc readers at present time.

I'm small vending operation.

cajun

Back in the 90's I ran 300 machines on 3 routes doing $1M per year at what was likely an average vend price of .55 across the board.  It was probably 50% can soda, 1 bottle machine (new then) and the other 50% was broken down by about 80% snack and 20% cold food and coffee machines.  That was back when the 4 C's still ruled vending - Candy, Coffee, Cigarettes and Cola - though I was out of the cigarette part by then and we still ran some cup soda machines.  The vending industry will never be the same and will always be a shadow of its former self.  I miss it terribly.

32 soda and 13 snacks. I only have Dixie narco 501, 276, and hvv's on location at the moment. Although I just got 3 Royal vendor Coke machines lay week. My snack machines vary in model. Currently have no card readers but I'm going to put out a few in the coming months.

I'm a newbie. Started March 1st. Got biz set up fully; license, insurance, website, marketing materials, etc... April 7th 2016 was my first location. AP studio 2 and a Royal 650 live display. Since then I'm up to 13 machines, 8 locations. Royal beverage machines and a variety of AP, USI, AMS snack machines.

I'm done locating now though. Budget has been tapped!! Time to service and start collecting money. Best snack machine averages $175 a week. Worst machine does about $30 on a slow week. Next phase is watching these locations and adjusting as needed, potentially pulling low performers and finding better spots. Overall I have a long term goal of about 25 machines so not trying to rule the vending world. Just a nice supplemental income source.

BT

1. 3,900

2. A/P, Crane, Dixie Narco, Royal make up 97%

3. 89% DEX, 78% card, 16% auto telemetry (grows daily), 100% USAT

3900?!?!

Woah.

BT

I'm a newbie. Started March 1st. Got biz set up fully; license, insurance, website, marketing materials, etc... April 7th 2016 was my first location. AP studio 2 and a Royal 650 live display. Since then I'm up to 13 machines, 8 locations. Royal beverage machines and a variety of AP, USI, AMS snack machines.

I'm done locating now though. Budget has been tapped!! Time to service and start collecting money. Best snack machine averages $175 a week. Worst machine does about $30 on a slow week. Next phase is watching these locations and adjusting as needed, potentially pulling low performers and finding better spots. Overall I have a long term goal of about 25 machines so not trying to rule the vending world. Just a nice supplemental income source.

BT

3900?!?!

Woah.

BT

Yep :o :o

92 machines (73 snack, 19 drink)

Snack: mostly usi, new ones are ams, got a couple old ancient lance 25 columns

Drink:I buy new vendo live display, but have a couple older DN

Ordered first CCR 3 weeks ago, still doesn't work, they sent me a new reader, didn't work, they are about to send me a new eport devise, hopefully that works

1: 150 total. 140 drinks, 5 coffee and 5 snack.

2: DN 40% 501e + 276e, 40% Vendo 254 + 680, 20% Sielaff (coffee, snack and some drinks)

3: CC readers on 90%, DEX on all capable (70% give or take), 60% cashless transactions

Archived