Kickstart Locations?

EricD989

Pass. I've had a bad experience with Rob and his crew. Wouldn't touch that locator with a ten foot pole. If you want a good locator, go with Rodney. He is a regular here and even though I have not used his services, I have not heard of any complaints from the members who have used him. Hope this helps.

I've gotten good locations from kick start but it has been years ago. I've also used Rodney more recently with great success and was cheaper. I did like the way kickstart managed the locations they find on their website and you updated the new locations status placed or denied.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Here is a lengthy review of both Kickstart (aka Rob) and VL4U (aka Rodney)   *which could change in the future especially since I have only placed minimal orders with each one.

I tried Rodney @ http://vendinglocator4u.com/ and also tried Rob @ kickstartlocations.com more recently.  I had a much quicker turn-around with Rodney VL4u and that is very important to me.  Sure kickstart does have a longer warranty and includes a performance warranty at no extra charge but I find the performance warranties not to be a good selling point on either company.

Rodney's you pay extra for and maybe I'm missing something but you pay 20% more for the Gold package which gives you the opportunity to re-locate 1 machine for every 5 ordered (20%)
current price on 5 machines with gold warranty is about $275 or you could just order 6 machines with silver warranty which comes out to $270 
with that being said getting more locations for less money I would order the silver package every time.

silver package (45$) and gold package (55$)~~current  1-3 head candy machine prices

Pros 

price 

speed

and not having to pay upfront

With Kickstart 

they only have one warranty/price package for 1-2 head machines
yes better on kick out warranty which is currently 90 days instead of 60 
yes in theory better on performance warranty also 90 days insead of the 60 when compared to previously mentioned gold package.

current price 50$ for a 1-2 head machine.
Also fine print includes being able to re-locate due to bad performance 1 out of every 3 machines. 

pros
warranty is longer
*warranty provides more  1out of 3 is better than 1 out of 5
and nice interface with website and set appointment times

*my experience w/ kickstart may be different then others and there are plenty of things I do like about them, however currently have an outstanding order and it's only half completed and it's been 60 days.  Which means the first half of machines that they did place are already two thirds of the way done with there warranty and I'm not sure how I want go about using said performance warranty.  I have an option of replacing 3 due to the size of my order and ideally want to replace the worst 3 but just too early to tell which are the worst 3 b/c I only have half my locations.

I find the kickstart platinum warranty to be a better value than the VL4U gold warranty (not a pun), however still prefer Rodney due to not having to pay up front and also the speed of getting the locations.  With Rodney I got a list of the 5 locations within 11 days,  I had a hiccup or two placing them as the person that approved it wasn't always there and a few people that  did approve the locations that weren't qualified enough to do so.  Regardless Rodney took care of it quickly and found replacements total time b/c of replacements was about 3 weeks.

3 weeks is great that means those machines started making my money back sooner as compared to 60 days and counting.

The end game is profit so that is why I believe VL4U did a better job for my needs. 

and Rodney I know you will probably read this but please correct me if I'm wrong I believe your callers are all in the U.S. which is another pro.

I've since placed 3 separate orders (just placed my 4th today) with Rodney since I posted on this. I also have an order with Sheridan in progress for honor boxes(for only $12 I had to try them).

Rodney has been lightning fast with getting me locations, and on the small chance of a refusal (or having a machine already placed at the location like one of mine), he's just as quick with getting replacements to you.  I haven't actually utilized the replacement policy since I've been satisfied with the returns,  so I've stuck with the silver package to stretch my dollars.

I'd cautiously use kickstart only if i was really desperate to get locations.    I have used Kickstart in my area for about 20 locations  They are "ok"  and seem to locate restaurants pretty well.   They hit homeruns about 50% of the time.  The other are either so so to not good.  The downfall is their locations are places that may go out of business within a year.  Happened to me about 5 times.  If dealing with these guys, dont accept any crappy locations. YOU know your area better than they do and do your own homework before dropping off a machine.  Checking location for other vendors,, foot traffic, and hours

You are better off self locating and cutting out the middle man.  My best locations have been those i have located on my own, 

I'd cautiously use kickstart only if i was really desperate to get locations.    I have used Kickstart in my area for about 20 locations  They are "ok"  and seem to locate restaurants pretty well.   They hit homeruns about 50% of the time.  The other are either so so to not good.  The downfall is their locations are places that may go out of business within a year.  Happened to me about 5 times.  If dealing with these guys, dont accept any crappy locations. YOU know your area better than they do and do your own homework before dropping off a machine.  Checking location for other vendors,, foot traffic, and hours

You are better off self locating and cutting out the middle man.  My best locations have been those i have located on my own, 

What locator do you prefer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, CJvend said:

What locator do you prefer?

I prefer myself  as a locator, arrogant as it may sound.  Like i mentioned, my best locations have been self found.  If you need locating help to get you on your feet, use whichever locator that  gives you the best results, POINT blank period. I strongly believe it depends on your region, and target locations too.   No locator is perfect, but understand the  risks if you use kickstart and try your best to mitigate them.

I prefer myself  as a locator, arrogant as it may sound.  Like i mentioned, my best locations have been self found.  If you need locating help to get you on your feet, use whichever locator that  gives you the best results, POINT blank period. I strongly believe it depends on your region, and target locations too.   No locator is perfect, but understand the  risks if you use kickstart and try your best to mitigate them.

I agree. But I also get frustrated when I drive around for half the day and don't land a single location. So to me it's usually more worth my time to just pay a locator.

On 10/31/2016 at 7:26 PM, BCB434 said:

Here is a lengthy review of both Kickstart (aka Rob) and VL4U (aka Rodney)   *which could change in the future especially since I have only placed minimal orders with each one.

I tried Rodney @ http://vendinglocator4u.com/ and also tried Rob @ kickstartlocations.com more recently.  I had a much quicker turn-around with Rodney VL4u and that is very important to me.  Sure kickstart does have a longer warranty and includes a performance warranty at no extra charge but I find the performance warranties not to be a good selling point on either company.

Rodney's you pay extra for and maybe I'm missing something but you pay 20% more for the Gold package which gives you the opportunity to re-locate 1 machine for every 5 ordered (20%)
current price on 5 machines with gold warranty is about $275 or you could just order 6 machines with silver warranty which comes out to $270 
with that being said getting more locations for less money I would order the silver package every time.

silver package (45$) and gold package (55$)~~current  1-3 head candy machine prices

Pros 

price 

speed

With Kickstart 

yes in theory better on performance warranty also 90 days insead of the 60 when compared to previously mentioned gold package.

Also fine print includes being able to re-locate due to bad performance 1 out of every 3 machines. 

pros
warranty is longer

*my experience w/ kickstart may be different then others and there are plenty of things I do like about them, however currently have an outstanding order and it's only half completed and it's been 60 days.  Which means the first half of machines that they did place are already two thirds of the way done with there warranty and I'm not sure how I want go about using said performance warranty.  I have an option of replacing 3 due to the size of my order and ideally want to replace the worst 3 but just too early to tell which are the worst 3 b/c I only have half my locations.

I find the kickstart platinum warranty to be a better value than the VL4U gold warranty (not a pun), however still prefer Rodney due to not having to pay up front and also the speed of getting the locations.  With Rodney I got a list of the 5 locations within 11 days,  I had a hiccup or two placing them as the person that approved it wasn't always there and a few people that  did approve the locations that weren't qualified enough to do so.  Regardless Rodney took care of it quickly and found replacements total time b/c of replacements was about 3 weeks.

3 weeks is great that means those machines started making my money back sooner as compared to 60 days and counting.

The end game is profit so that is why I believe VL4U did a better job for my needs. 

and Rodney I know you will probably read this but please correct me if I'm wrong I believe your callers are all in the U.S. which is another pro.

Yes, all of our staff is in the US. I won't hire anyone that's not. Thank you for the feedback.

put in an order for kickstart  so hopefully will go well

How many locations did you order and what size machines are they? I've considered using them for the racks I have.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

just started with one order for a restaurant double...considered Rodney but he wants exclusivity due to not prepaying.......I have about forty new machines to locate eventually but am not really in a hurry and would rather get some good ones if possible.....may also have an in person locator try in the spring if I can get about a 100 or so more machines

Being exclusive is only while we're contracted. That's something everyone should do, it will ruin your area if you have to many calling at the same time. 

So if you ask us to get 5 locations, we ask that you wait till we're done to have anyone else work the same area.

It's like cars, if you ask a mechanic to fix your car, wouldn't it Be counter productive to hire a second mechanic to do the same work at the same time?

It's more your benefit than ours. 

On 10/31/2016 at 7:26 PM, BCB434 said:

Pros 

price 

speed

With Kickstart 

pros
warranty is longer

With our special right now, it's only 50.99 for the Gold warranty, but as I tell others, it usually is extra money paid that isn't needed. But if you prefer the security, it's available!

I appreciate the detailed feedback. It also gives me an idea of why people like our service compared to others. The no money up front has always been my way of doing business. 

51 minutes ago, rodney69 said:

With our special right now, it's only 50.99 for the Gold warranty, but as I tell others, it usually is extra money paid that isn't needed. But if you prefer the security, it's available!

I appreciate the detailed feedback. It also gives me an idea of why people like our service compared to others. The no money up front has always been my way of doing business. 

Silver package with special cost a little less than $41, so you still get 20 % more locations with silver package then you would with gold package.   mathematically still see no benefit to the gold package.  

Archived