What to look for when buying used and refurbished machines.

I am about to buy a used/ refurbished machine for an office building.I am looking to buy his ap snack machine (the model number on the machine showed 4524) I also am looking at buying his dixie narco 501.

I attached pictures also.

What questions and what should I look for when buying a used and refurbished machine ?

I do not want to risk my money without asking valid questions and look for certain things.

I need help :mellow:

post-11175-0-81691900-1465609701_thumb.jpg

That is not an AP model number but the machine looks like an AP 122 or maybe a Studio snack.  Both are good machines.  I see there's no validator on it so are you in Canada, eh?  If not then it needs a bill validator on it.  What model of DN501 does he have, T or E model?

I didn't ask i have the picture but the file is too big to upload.

That was a sample one. He showed me the ones he was going to sell me but didn't take any pics of those :/.

So you think regardless its a good purchasee just based on the machine types ?

It depends on the models of machines and what you want to sell from them.

I see now that you are in Florida so I don't know why there wouldn't be a validator on the one in the photo.  You'll want one on each machine for sure.

Asking price is 1k

That's a good price for a great snack machine.   Just be aware that this machine is not CC compatible unless it's been upgraded.  I would think that in an office bldg. a CC reader would be a must have to maximize sales.

• 7 months later...
On June 10, 2016 at 10:02 PM, AZVendor said:

That is not an AP model number but the machine looks like an AP 122 or maybe a Studio snack.  Both are good machines.  I see there's no validator on it so are you in Canada, eh?  If not then it needs a bill validator on it.  What model of DN501 does he have, T or E model?

Are bill validators  uncommon in Canada?

20 hours ago, 4th PRSN said:

Are bill validators  uncommon in Canada?

Somewhat. If it's a smaller account you don't need them as we have $1 and $2 coins. 

On bigger accounts you can put one on one machine and leave the other without one as they can make change from their $5,10 and 20 dollar bills.

Archived