DNCB 168M/99-6 PE2370 Help

Misshighfill

We just bought a DNCB 168M/99-6 P2370 from an estate sale. It won't get cold. The thermostat tics like its working, the fan behind the compressor runs, the compressor sounds as if it is running and feel warm/hot to the touch but not scalding hot. I'm not sure what the evaporator should be doing though. The evaporator doesn't change in temperature to the touch but we can feel there is air flow happening. We'd love to get it running for it to be used in my husbands garage. Is there any suggestion as to what part needs replaced? Also a site to buy it from? Or maybe it needs a freon charge? The unit to clean, no debris. The bottom section (compressor, fan, etc) looks clean or maybe newer for the age of the unit compared to the evaporator which appears older, not dirty or dusty but more like water deposits dried to it. Thanks, Melissa

It sounds like it needs to be recharged.  You'll need to have a certified refrigeration repairman, vending repair man or appliance repair man recharge it.  The freon is either R12 or 134a and it can be recharged with the correct gas or with a hybrid blend like 401a which is what I use as a drop in on R12 and 134a systems.  When all fans are running correctly and the freon charge is correct you should have 18-20 lbs on the low side of the system (charging port). 

Archived