Post your political rants here

lacanteen

42 minutes ago, orsd said:

It was pretty decent in the years post WWII.

Granted, part of that was because a good chunk of the world's people were dead and many factories were bombed, but it'll be nice to see us not exporting jobs as fast as we can.

"Jobs being exported" is way past news. The real way that jobs are going out now is because of technological unemployment. Automation is the new wave with everything from manufacturing jobs to white collar, professional jobs. If you don't believe me, just go to Youtube and type in "Humans Need Not Apply." 

It is impossible to stop technology and ideas that simply make sense (such as using 3D printers to build entire houses that are far stronger and last much longer than conventional building.) 

There's only 1 answer and that is that we have to evolve and our economic system has to evolve with it. You don't evolve by blaming whole groups of impoverished people whom you think, might be "stealing" your jobs. You only de-evolve that way.

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, shanebot said:

"Jobs being exported" is way past news. The real way that jobs are going out now is because of technological unemployment. Automation is the new wave with everything from manufacturing jobs to white collar, professional jobs. If you don't believe me, just go to Youtube and type in "Humans Need Not Apply." 

It is impossible to stop technology and ideas that simply make sense (such as using 3D printers to build entire houses that are far stronger and last much longer than conventional building.) 

There's only 1 answer and that is that we have to evolve and our economic system has to evolve with it. You don't evolve by blaming whole groups of impoverished people whom you think, might be "stealing" your jobs. You only de-evolve that way.

I will agree that automation is a looming economic problem.

However, as for blaming foreign people for job loss, the truth is, they are. And until AI does become advanced enough to replace the vast majority of humans, it is still valid.

Furthermore, many nations that export stuff to us have massive tariffs on imports, to protect their domestic jobs.

It isn't about blame, it is about reality.

2 hours ago, orsd said:

I will agree that automation is a looming economic problem.

However, as for blaming foreign people for job loss, the truth is, they are. And until AI does become advanced enough to replace the vast majority of humans, it is still valid.

Furthermore, many nations that export stuff to us have massive tariffs on imports, to protect their domestic jobs.

It isn't about blame, it is about reality.

You're blaming other groups of people for something that is VASTLY becoming more and more redundant at an exponential rate. The thing that you're angry about is the economy and jobs. The people that you're blaming are just like you are though. They just want to live and put food on the table just like you do and you would be doing the exact same thing if you were in their situation. Especially to help your own family survive.

We're all like hungry dogs inside of a cage with 1 piece of meat that we think we have to fight over. However there's FAR more than enough to go around for everyone just outside of that cage. The only way we can get there though is by elevating our consciousness enough to see that we have to unify in order to get out of the cage. Otherwise we will kill ourselves over the last piece of meat. 

What you're doing is choosing the lowest level of consciousness by falsely believing that it's "Us vs them." The only thing that does is bring us closer to destruction and it doesn't solve anything at all. 

The real reason for the loss of jobs actually isn't because of other people "stealing" your jobs, it's because automation is happening right now. That's why you see ENORMOUS pockets of very rapidly growing urban blight developing in former manufacturing towns such as Detroit, Cleveland and Camden, NJ. If you go and visit any of the new factories, there's one thing you won't see much (or even any) of - people working there. Those factories are RAPIDLY switching over to automation and it's certainly not stopping there. Transportation will be the next thing with the fully automated car (which they already have right now.) How can you blame "illegal immigrants" for this? And why should the loss of jobs through automation be a bad thing? How could it not be a wonderful thing if it freed us from labor and allowed us to use our time to do the things we're passionate about and that we love doing? How could that not be an amazing world to live in? And what solutions again do you have to offer? Building a huge wall, arming yourself to the teeth and waiting for the world to collapse? Is that why you post the picture there of your little machine gun in your icon? 

The fact of the matter is that deep down inside you're just afraid and bitter but instead of choosing to face your fear and elevate your consciousness, you're choosing to take the cowardly way out and pin it on other people who really aren't the cause of your pain - The real source of that pain is you. If you point your finger at someone else for thinking they are "stealing" your job then you have a whole endless number of people pointing their fingers right back at you because you would be doing the same thing if you were in their shoes.   

Yep you tell the truth about unemployment. There is simply NO job future. No politician is going to tell the truth about jobs. The truth is terrible.

All the people whining about immigrants taking jobs are suckers. There would be NO immigration if businesses did not hire them. So why would they hire them- because they can be easily exploited. Every politician is elected by money given them by business and suckers that businesses have convinced via advertising to hand over even more money.

Yes I agree the welfare system robs people if the incentive to work. What the people don't want to hear is that welfare is: a system created by politicians put in office by big money, a system created to deliberately take people out of the job market so the mostly likely voters are happily emoloyed, a system created to divide the people, a system whose SOLE beneficiary is business. Welfare is a system to pump the money of the employed to business BY THE WAY of the " poor". Food Stamps, rent subsidies, heating fuel relief, medical cards, any of it still keeps people in poverty but enriches business greatly.

It is not the first recipient of welfare money you should be mad at. They, like the tax payer are suckers.

All the division and hate being directed at immigrants, poor, black, Spanish speakers, Jews, Muslims, Gays, whatever, is a construct if those that really pull the strings. The only real tool the wealthy have us division. Remove the division and real freedom will follow. But that's not going to happen because the "people" are too small, petty, and fearful.

Who were the most truthful presidents? Wilson when he said " there are men so powerful that none dare speak their names" Nixon when he said " the American people are like children"

i don't like any politician they are all my enemy. Don't care what anyone thinks, you can think I'm a fool. I am voting for they person least likely to get me killed. And that person is NOT a loud mouthed agitator re enforcing the fears of the fearful. I get that Clinton is about throwing yet more candy at the spoiled. That same "candy" just so happens to be the source of your income.

I have deleted posts with a link, or meme's with the link. Posting it once was enough, but it wasn't any different than spam posting it as many time in this forum.

I have also deleted a few posts that were getting more personal. Unfortunately I may have also mistakenly deleted the wrong posts, so if anyone lost a post that should not have been deleted, forgive me. 

I was attempting to be a little more lenient in political discussions, but it looked like things were starting to go downhill, mostly due to one member, who also decided to ignore my previous comment that political posts are to be kept in the golpher hole, and shouldn't be disguised as something else. 

Unfortunately this is happening while I am out of town, not on my normal computer, and limited in time. If I missed something, some personal attacks, some more spam like links, let me know. (Does not include having an opinion different than yours.)

25 minutes ago, The Mage said:

I have deleted posts with a link, or meme's with the link. Posting it once was enough, but it wasn't any different than spam posting it as many time in this forum.

I have also deleted a few posts that were getting more personal. Unfortunately I may have also mistakenly deleted the wrong posts, so if anyone lost a post that should not have been deleted, forgive me. 

I was attempting to be a little more lenient in political discussions, but it looked like things were starting to go downhill, mostly due to one member, who also decided to ignore my previous comment that political posts are to be kept in the ***** hole, and shouldn't be disguised as something else. 

Unfortunately this is happening while I am out of town, not on my normal computer, and limited in time. If I missed something, some personal attacks, some more spam like links, let me know. (Does not include having an opinion different than yours.)

It would be easier if you just wiped them all out :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

On ‎9‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 4:19 PM, orsd said:

It was pretty decent in the years post WWII.

Granted, part of that was because a good chunk of the world's people were dead and many factories were bombed, but it'll be nice to see us not exporting jobs as fast as we can.

Hey I grew up in the Fifties! Yep we all remember our youth as the BEST time ever and it was because we were young. But all these years later lets look at the Fifties. Yes the industrial boom was great for business. Every factory had relatively new equipment that was given to them during the war by the Defense Department. We were the only industrial power the others had been destroyed. we loaned the impoverished ruined countries the money to buy our goods. Housing was booming ( sorry conservatives) because of the GI bill, in other words the boom was government created.

My Dad had a little Gas station. e came home one night and said he was selling it and getting a better station. It wasn't until years later I understood he was made "an offer he couldn't refuse". Shortly after moving his business the little station blew up, gas leak they said. Well a donut shop took its place. Odd donut shop, had a dozen stools out front and a really big store room where people seems to be going in and out of day and bight. It was a bookie joint.

The new station even came with new customers. really well dressed. I washed windows for my Dad, got some huge tips, five dollars once, that was about 10 hours pay for and average adult. Got my first real job offer. A caddy at a private golf club. Paid good for a kid.

There were no Black Caddies. Well there were no Black people anywhere in the neighborhood. They weren't allowed, or were there Jews. Things were great, Italians didn't go into an Irish neighborhood, Germans stayed away from the Poles, everyone was neatly divided. and universally hateful toward  each other religions, colors, language.

Crime was low, well not really. Police just didn't bother with working class neighborhoods. Newspapers didn't report on crimes in poor neighborhoods. police were the biggest criminals of all and feared greatly. I remember a couple of guys tried to break into our garage. my Dad shot them. He came in the house and got me and I remember him telling my Mother, "he needs to learn how things work". Dad didn't call the Police, he called the precinct committeeman, we called them "Ward Healers". Couple of guys in suits came out to see who the thieves were. If the thieves were "connected" the guys would have slipped Dad a few bills and thanked him for calling. They would have taken them home then. If the guys were just random thugs, the suits would call the Police. Well hey were random thugs. When the cops got there they talked to Dad and the suits and then went over to the (I assume dying) guys and started beating them with billy clubs. They threw them in the paddy wagon and off they went. I doubt very much they ever made it to jail.

Yea I could blather on forever. This right now is the best this country has ever been. All this good old days stuff is just plain bull gopher. people need to stop pining away over times that NEVER existed. They are dreams. Yep we have some problems we need to solve but we will never do that by inventing a country in our minds that never really existed.

3 hours ago, orsd said:

As much as I dislike Trump, his birthday corresponded with a draft number that was never called upon during the Vietnam War. (He turned 18 in '64 and the draft went away in '73)

Yep,  I do remember that.  My draft number was 13 and I turned 18 in 73.  Dodged a bullet there even though my only frustration with that conflict was the half hearted effort our government made - if you're going to send guys off to war, then pull out all the stops.  I also remember the guys returning from The Nam being spit on by the people in SF.  I think that was the day that Flower Power died for many in my generation.

Archived