VN2500 Bill acceptor problem

Areg

Hello everyone!, Im new on this forum. Im not sure if I can post this problem here, please feel free to move it to another section if necesary.

A few weeks ago I purchased a VN2500 bill acceptor that was working very good alone, just whit the harness connected to 24VDC (and not connected to the VMC). It was accepting bills whit no problem, but in an accident the harness was totally destroyed, I could buy a new one but I decided to make one by myself.

If my memory dont fails, the harness had 5 wires connected to the Mating Connector of the BA. I connected the DC return to the 16 pin, the MDB 34 VDC to the pin 23, the master receive to the pin 6, the master trasmit to the pin 28 and the MDB common to the pin 14. 

I powered up the BA just whit the harness I made, just like the other but this time the BA is not accepting bills, the LED in the back is flashing two times that means that the BA is disabled by the system. I have investigated and it could be the coin mech or the door switch. But as I said before, at the begining the BA was accepting bills just whit the original harness connected, so there wasnt any coin mech or door switch connected to it. I dont remember if there was a jumper on the harness that enables the BA, so it could be the problem but I dont know where is placed that jumper, what do you think? That could be the problem? or there is another thing Im missing?

By the way, I tried two switch configurations. The first: switches 1 to 6 all on, 7 to 8 off. The second: all switches off. Nothing happened.

Thanks in advance!!

Archived