Good Deal on an established route?

twnotter

Is this a good deal for an established route?

40 heads mostly beaver some northwestern, most are doubles some are triples. Revenue 900-1100 canadian ,every 3 months. $8000 canadian comes with stock in machines and $400 worth of stock and some parts.

I can probably increase sales by switching out product, currently it is peanuts plain and bbq, and jelly beans.

I think the question that's always asked first is, does the person have records to show that profit? Also what condition are the machines in?

I personally haven't bought a route, and I don't have time to check the Canadian dollar vs the US....but my math shows that at around $9 a head per month which is just ok...And if you were looking at it as the worth of the machines..$8000/40 heads is $200 a machine. Which is steep.

So my inexperienced suggestion is I would counter with $3000 for that route if the machines were in good shape. And depending on how spread apart the locations were.

As long as his numbers are verifiable, that's about the average. I usually expect to pay about 10 months gross for a route. I've purchased 2 small bulk routes and 3 full line locations using that plan. It's worked for me so far.

The machines on this route are at least quality equipment, but I'm not sure about the selections though. Peanuts are going to wreak havoc on all of your metal components. If you end up buying this, I'd highly recommend switching all peanut heads out to something else ASAP.

As long as his numbers are verifiable, that's about the average. I usually expect to pay about 10 months gross for a route. I've purchased 2 small bulk routes and 3 full line locations using that plan. It's worked for me so far.

The machines on this route are at least quality equipment, but I'm not sure about the selections though. Peanuts are going to wreak havoc on all of your metal components. If you end up buying this, I'd highly recommend switching all peanut heads out to something else ASAP.

That's good to know I wasn't sure if there was a good rule of thumb on how much to offer. But are you saying his $8000 offer is good? Because that's way more than 10 months if he's making 1100 every 3 months. 

That's good to know I wasn't sure if there would a good rule of thumb on how much to offer. But are you saying his $8000 offer is good? Because that's way more than 10 months if he's making 1100 every 3 months.

I think it is too much. If i put a value of $150 per head, that is $6000. I am tempted to offer $6500 because most machines are located. The seller told me that there is someone else coming to have a look on monday, if he is in the business already, i cannot see him going for the $8000. For sure the product would have to be swapped out to a better seller, hopefully this way it can be paid off in a year.

Archived