AP7600 only takes first dollar and not second one

We have a very strange situation.  We recently sold and delivered 2 working AP7600's to a manufacturing plant about 90 miles away  Upon testing the machines, we had no issues.  However, the new owner has told me that BOTH machines will only take the first dollar when making a purchase.  When a second dollar is inserted (to make a 1.50 purchase, for example) the bill is rejected.  It only takes coins from that point.  I have tried to troubleshoot by having them empty the coin mech and hand feed the coins into the coin slot to purchase so that the mechanism recognizes that it is being filled.  I am assuming that the bills are not getting stuck and that the bills are not bad,

Is there anything else I should suggest?  We don't have the manual and the text messages are time consuming and becoming quite a nuisance! 

Turn off the bill escrow switch on the logic board then turn the machine OFF and back ON.

The down side is once a bill is inserted, pressing the coin return button and they get back coins. The coin mech may run low.

Walta 

Turn off the bill escrow switch on the logic board then turn the machine OFF and back ON.

The down side is once a bill is inserted, pressing the coin return button and they get back coins. The coin mech may run low.

Walta 

Thanks for your reply Walta, but exactly where will that switch be?  I will have to direct the person by email, text, or by phone.  Rob

Those switches are on the top right corner of the logic board.

Thanks!  Will try that

I forget what switch it is but it is labeled on the board cover.

Walta 

Thanks!  Will try that!

Archived