first meeting with new acct.

new to the board and to vending.The things i know from the convo. i had with the new acct. is,they want a combo machine,THEY HAVE ASK FOR ME TO BRING A LIST OF WHAT I CAN PUT IN THE MACHINE.(which is good for me)  My question is what can i expect going into THE meeting and any tips on whAT NOT TO DO,AND WHAT I CAN DO TO GET THIS ACCT.

THANKS,

BRYAN

Assuming you have a combo machine already, I would write down the dimensions of the machine and perhaps bring a tape measurer. They probably will ask you how much you are going to charge for product and how much commission will you pay. Also, show them a picture of the machine. You should be in and out in a few minutes.

don't bring up commission unless they do!  Be prepared to explain that any commission paid will increase the retail prices.  Don't commit to letting them set or control your prices - when your costs go up they will not care about your losses, only that they can get cheap snacks!  Plan out your installation - not just where is the machine going but the best route to use to get it inside (tape measure for sure!)  As to wanting a combo machine, is there not enough space for drink and snack machines?  If the account is worthwhile you will end up wanting the higher capacity.....

Yeah dedicated snack and soda would be better than a combo. They may only buy beverages in that case you can pull the snack machine and load your beverages up to a higher capacity allowing for less frequent visits.

thanks everyone for your help,i got the acct. :)

new problem i need two combos for this loc.

Aside from the additional upfront costs. two is much better than one (assuming this account will actually use the machines)  A single comb is just not big enough to justify your service time in most cases.  At least with two, this can become much time efficient.

thanks everyone for your help,i got the acct. :)

new problem i need two combos for this loc.

There's an outfit in Ft. Worth called Vending Concepts that floods craigslist with ads.  I can't recommend them and I probably wouldn't do business with then unless I was desperate since they can't even use proper English in their ads.  That calls in to question their nationality and I just have a problem with people who advertise like crazy across the country not using correct English.  You might check with them and feel them out.  

You can all scold me now for the assumptions I've made just from their use of the language.

Another good source is Vendors Exchange in Cleveland.  The caveat is that the machines don't always arrive in the condition you might expect and they are sometimes reluctant to make good on damage or missing parts, incorrect setups, etc.  Our member Scott1963 works for them, I believe, so he might be a good contact for VE.

There is also D&S Vending in Cleveland as well and American Vending Sales in Elk Grove Village, Illinois.  If you call AVS ask for Kurk Johnson.  He handles their vending sales and I've worked with him before AVS bought the vending distribution business from Leiberman Music in Minnesota.  Frank Gumma that owns AVS has been in the business longer than the 31 years that I have.

Archived