Bev Max 5591 Glassfront Drink Choices Without Shims

I ordered some shims for this machine which should have already arrived by now.

They are still not here and I am placing the machine on location tomorrow.

I have to do it tomorrow because I already scheduled this day with others.

I need help in knowing what are all the products I can put in this machine if there are no shims.

From the beginning It didn't help that the seller told me he needs all the shims.

If you buy a drink machine everything should come with it.

I am putting a good Bev Max into a good hotel location and knowing that I can't hardly put in any drinks beside 20oz water bottles is stressful and embarrassing.

So if anyone knows what drinks I can put in that would be great.

It all depends on your current setup. If all selections are now set the same I would assume they are all set for 20 oz. bottles.(Pepsi, Coke, Gatorade, Snapple, PowerAde). You may also use 24 oz. Pepsi/Dew from Sam's Club.

If you have no shims at all then you can't do any 12, 16, or 16.9 oz products.  You might also have trouble with Coke and maybe Pepsi bottles as there are some that require specific bottle shims.  The products that will work without any shims are AZ Iced Tea in 20oz cans, 20 oz Gatorade and any straight side 20 oz soda bottles.

• 5 months later...

I don't like the price of the 20oz bottles, it is a rip off, so I am going to use the 24oz bottles.

Of course the 5591 shelves aren't far enough apart to allow the taller bottles to go in.  I think I am going to move the A shelf up an inch or so and load grocery store water bottles on the A shelf giving me enough room to load 24oz bottles on the B shelf.

Considering dropping the D shelf an inch so that I can load it with 24oz bottles as well and leave the E shelf with specialty cans like red bull, green teas and such.

Any tips, tricks?  Anyone have a better plan?

Thanks!

I didn't even know the shelves were adjustable as far as height goes so this is good to know.

I prefer to do soda cans over soda bottles and I have had good success with this from my 5591.

Some people say not to vend soda from the top 2 shelves but I don't see this being an issue and I never get complaints.

I vend cans only from the top 3 shelves.

Juices, gatorades, and tea from shelf D.

Water, energy drinks and the glass Frappuccinos from the very bottom shelf E.

I also try to group my pricing together so different prices aren't everywhere.

After selling a can of soda, I think you have a better chance of selling another can to the same person.

Another words, I would rather sell one 12oz can twice than just one 24oz bottle.   

I have also seen people get multiple cans from my machine at once since it's more affordable and they get more choices.

This is all just my opinion though.

1 hour ago, AZVendor said:

The shelves in the Bevmaxes are not adjustable for height.

Correct   at least not easily. There is a YouTube video about eliminating one shelf to increase the height on all of them.

On 7/10/2016 at 10:39 PM, cvending said:

It all depends on your current setup. If all selections are now set the same I would assume they are all set for 20 oz. bottles.(Pepsi, Coke, Gatorade, Snapple, PowerAde). You may also use 24 oz. Pepsi/Dew from Sam's Club.

The 24oz bottles are too tall to fit in the machine without modifications.

11 hours ago, syl20c said:

Correct   at least not easily. There is a YouTube video about eliminating one shelf to increase the height on all of them.

I think Capital Vending is the company that sell the 24oz Bottle Rack Kit you are referring too but installing this kit is going to mean that you are going to have to have one less tray.

I like your idea of lowering/raising the shelfs if you are not needing to do 24oz bottles on every shelf but keep in mind that if you raise the front (mounting brackets) you will also need to raise the back (support brackets) the same amount.

1 hour ago, kiwi said:

I think Capital Vending is the company that sell the 24oz Bottle Rack Kit you are referring too but installing this kit is going to mean that you are going to have to have one less tray.

I like your idea of lowering/raising the shelfs if you are not needing to do 24oz bottles on every shelf but keep in mind that if you raise the front (mounting brackets) you will also need to raise the back (support brackets) the same amount.

I actually just removed the A shelf and will sell 24oz off the B shelf.  It's not that busy a location.

I will make a spacer to lift the A shelf an inch or so then put it back in.  Machine calls an error if a selection is made for an A product.  I could have just moved them all down but I was in a hurry.

1 hour ago, AZVendor said:

You probably have an older 2145 that's been upgraded to a 5591 or similar.  Those cabinets had different spacing than the true 55xx models have.  

It was manufactured in 2004.  It has two sensors.  Speaking of sensors, I finally got to try them both.  The top one turns on but will lose the beams and start beeping.  The bottom one works just fine but if you keep the door up, the vend does not register and refunds the sale.

1 hour ago, syl20c said:

Machine calls an error if a selection is made for an A product.  I could have just moved them all down but I was in a hurry.

It maybe easier to swap your tray connections going to the board & re-label your trays if you have a label maker available to print out "new" labels.

7 hours ago, syl20c said:

I actually just removed the A shelf and will sell 24oz off the B shelf.  It's not that busy a location.

I will make a spacer to lift the A shelf an inch or so then put it back in.  Machine calls an error if a selection is made for an A product.  I could have just moved them all down but I was in a hurry.

If you take out the A shelf then your top shelf is left as the B shelf.

Archived