Garage Sale find...what is it?

Candy Kevin

I found a weird machine at a garage sale i got for 3 dollars. the first one was in ok shape has a key and everything the other has a cracked globe but I bought it anyways for parts just in case. I'm guessing its some biz op machine.  (I found a label that says made in Taiwan.) Im going to post a pic of the one I cleaned up and taped a crack. Is it possible to get a new globe for it? Also what is it?

post-10566-0-14383700-1468791677_thumb.jpg

post-10566-0-30658900-1468791695_thumb.jpg

More than likely a Candy King machine. I got 3 Peppermint patty machines that were built nearly identical to the machine you have. They ended up failing (of course) almost immediately. I wouldn't recommend using them for anything other than a gift or your own personal use.

Here are some other Candy King machines I found.

https://www.usedvending.com/i/-20-Candy-King-of-America-Vending-Machines-in-Pennsylvania-for-Sale-/PA-A-480Q

Candy King Brand, looks like a "Diamond" unit, part of a now failed biz-op I'm afraid, so no parts. Mechs can (usually) be swapped out with NW gear with a bit of work. Wheel inside should fit a NW wheel too.

Cool find!

I used to have one.  I bought it with a stand for $15, used it for about three years and then sold it off (and kept the stand).  It was surprisingly reliable.  I sold capsules in it and you can't remove the top half to pour them out, so it's difficult to exchange for new toys, so I just always kept it as toy mix.  Also, the coins you have to remove one at a time, so it takes longer to service.  Overall for $3, you can use it for awhile and then let someone else deal with it.  Good luck!

Archived