Any experience with Sanden Vendo machines?

Hey guys!

I just joined this forum. I live in a small european country with a population of 350.000. We get around 1.5 million tourists through here each year.

I am interested in starting a vending business and I want to invest in a vending machine. I've been looking at different machines but there is this one company that I have the most interest in. The company is called Sanden Vendo. I trust these machines myself because I have used them myself and actually we have 4 of them in the cafeteria in the company that I work for.

If I would want to buy a machine I would most likely need to import it because the only company that has these kind of machines here would be my competition and the only service their own.

http://www.sandenvendo.be/eng/product-info/g-snack-sm6-master/5220b3d8d95e534a10681fb126998a4c/

This is the machine that I am interested in. It is relatively small yet high tech. I would like to mount a credit/debit card machine and this has the option to put one in.

I sent the company a request to buy a machine from them. I don't know what the price is but was hoping someone would know here. 

My idea is to start investing in one machine. I know a motel owner that already has said yes to placing the machine in their lobby. I would of course keep my day job but service this machine until I can afford to buy a new one, hopefully I can buy 2 machines the next time.

So now you know my idea and I'm hoping someone could give me some advice based on what I have said. Especially if somebody has experience with Sanden Vendo. But all tips are welcome.

****Moderator note: Duplicate post deleted

Hi gummihebb, and welcome to the forum. 

I'm guessing Iceland, right? Probably not as easy to get machines there I presume, so you are probably right that the best(/only) option you have is to import yourself. 

Although I don't know too much about your taxes, costs, etc, I do believe it is going to be pretty expensive for you because of the high EUR right now. Here in Norway I try not to import these days cause' of the extra costs nowadays. Not to mention that SandenVendo is high quality and therefore kinda expensive equipment. I can give you the contact information to my sales rep in Italy if you don't get any answer from customer service  if you PM me about it, btw.

That said, it's a neat machine. I don't have the hands-on experience with the G-snack, but have worked with alot with the G-drink and the Combo. They are workhorses that rearly fail and are pretty simple to work with. The machine is kinda small tough, as all combos, but as you said you have to start somewhere. Personally I would rather look at the Combo machine they have in that range because of the capacity.

Another thing about SandenVendo is that they are quite slow to ship parts, and almost every order I have for spare parts are divided into multiple shipments, so if you are in the need for critical parts in a hurry you probably get down-time on your machine for 14 days, besides that it's my overall favorite brand.

I think also you should look to a company in Germany called Sielaff. They make really good machines, that are reliable and also looks very good. They also have good tech support and are very nice to deal with in every way, I have several machines from them too. Or else you could look on the market for nice used machines here in Norway, Sweden, Finland and other nearby countries, if you think the price is a little steep for new machines.

Hi gummihebb, and welcome to the forum. 

I'm guessing Iceland, right? Probably not as easy to get machines there I presume, so you are probably right that the best(/only) option you have is to import yourself. 

Although I don't know too much about your taxes, costs, etc, I do believe it is going to be pretty expensive for you because of the high EUR right now. Here in Norway I try not to import these days cause' of the extra costs nowadays. Not to mention that SandenVendo is high quality and therefore kinda expensive equipment. I can give you the contact information to my sales rep in Italy if you don't get any answer from customer service  if you PM me about it, btw.

That said, it's a neat machine. I don't have the hands-on experience with the G-snack, but have worked with alot with the G-drink and the Combo. They are workhorses that rearly fail and are pretty simple to work with. The machine is kinda small tough, as all combos, but as you said you have to start somewhere. Personally I would rather look at the Combo machine they have in that range because of the capacity.

Another thing about SandenVendo is that they are quite slow to ship parts, and almost every order I have for spare parts are divided into multiple shipments, so if you are in the need for critical parts in a hurry you probably get down-time on your machine for 14 days, besides that it's my overall favorite brand.

I think also you should look to a company in Germany called Sielaff. They make really good machines, that are reliable and also looks very good. They also have good tech support and are very nice to deal with in every way, I have several machines from them too. Or else you could look on the market for nice used machines here in Norway, Sweden, Finland and other nearby countries, if you think the price is a little steep for new machines.

Hey Droopi and thank you for your reply. You guessed right!

SandenVendo is high quality and I'd rather spend more and get quality that lasts longer rather than buying a cheap one that breaks down within a year. I also know that if I would want to get out of the business SandenVendo machines will be easy to sell. Also it's probably better to import a new machine than a used one in the long run. I got a reply from their Europe branch in Germany that handles export for Europe. I got a price and some information. But he was on a vacation and asked me to contact some woman during his abscence. So that is going well.

When you talk about the combo machine are you talking about G-Snack Combi 585? ( http://www.sandenvendo.be/eng/product-info/g-snack-combi-585/26820acd27a6899600a5a1b63f25182e/ )

I really like the combo idea.

Thank you for pointing out Sielaff! I sent them a mail asking for an offer. What machines do you own from them?

I sent them an inquiry about the FS 1500 and the FS 2020. What do you think of them?: http://www.sielaff.com/en/products/combination-vending-machines/combination-vending-machines/tab/2/serie/fs-serie/ 

vending1

Also, does anyone know which manufacturer this machine comes from. I really like these myself, seems like they are only designed for drinks but I really like the robotic thing and the fact that it doesn't drop vend but comes out of the little box there.

Hey Droopi and thank you for your reply. You guessed right!

Well, then I have to say congrats on the awsome play in in the championship;)

When you talk about the combo machine are you talking about G-Snack Combi 585? ( http://www.sandenvendo.be/eng/product-info/g-snack-combi-585/26820acd27a6899600a5a1b63f25182e/ )

Yeh, I'm talking about the 585, they are nice machines, and works really good. Personally (and about 99% of the rest of the people on the forum) I would not go for a Combo, and rather have one machine dedicated to snacks and one for drinks. The reason is capacity.. But then again, you have to start somewhere, and if your buisness grow I'm sure you'll find a place for it that reprecents the volume of the machine.

I sent them an inquiry about the FS 1500 and the FS 2020. What do you think of them?: http://www.sielaff.com/en/products/combination-vending-machines/combination-vending-machines/tab/2/serie/fs-serie/ 

I now own 4 FS2020, a lot of Robimats (75+90), a couple of FK280 for outdoor use and some Sielissimo coffee machines. The Robimats are killer machines that just keeps running and running without any faults that is worth mention. If you like the robot arm on the machine you posted a picture of, take a look at the robimats.

Btw, The picture you posted is a DN Bevmax with a Nayax Card reader system. <-- AZ was faster than me there :)

I know that Crane/ Dixie Narco does a lot of exporting, but I don't know what the costs are or how long it would take to get parts.  I buy direct from them in the US, and have a great sales rep out of Miami who also handles a lot of their overseas sales, if you want his contact info....

Archived