Question about 1800 vending machine.

Mary

I have several 1800 vending machines and I was wondering if you have to have the gumballs in the middle. I have lots of locations that love gum but when I put it on either end it does not seem to work. At first I thought it was the wheel but now I am wondering if it only goes in the middle. If you know anything about this please advice me.

I have several 1800 vending machines and I was wondering if you have to have the gumballs in the middle. I have lots of locations that love gum but when I put it on either end it does not seem to work. At first I thought it was the wheel but now I am wondering if it only goes in the middle. If you know anything about this please advice me.

What do you mean by "does not seem to work?" doesn't turn the wheel? or not consistent vends? I've tried candy in all positions, never tried gumballs anywhere else, but i'm curious why they wouldn't all be interchangeable since the candy wheels work either way..

When I put the canister in I always make sure to turn the handle to line the gears up. I think the problem is with the mech. I am going to try a different  mech the next time I service it to see if that makes a difference. When you turn the coin mech it is very hard to turn. It has a riser in it and I am using the larger gumball from Sam's so I really am puzzled. I have checked the teeth on the wheel and they all look good.

When I put the canister in I always make sure to turn the handle to line the gears up. I think the problem is with the mech. I am going to try a different  mech the next time I service it to see if that makes a difference. When you turn the coin mech it is very hard to turn. It has a riser in it and I am using the larger gumball from Sam's so I really am puzzled. I have checked the teeth on the wheel and they all look good.

I had this issue with some other machines. Still not sure entirely what was wrong, but the wheel wasn't spinning well and stopping prematurely even without a coin mech on the machine.  I put a washer underneath the wheel which fixed the problem. 

Yes I have had some turn very hard from friction of the wheel and canister base rubbing together.

I carry food grade silicone in my bag, I light spray to the bottom of the wheel as it coats the bottom parts that run together it slicks things right up.

I use it on coin mechs and inside candy chutes as well.

Thanks for all the wonderful information. I think friction is the problem even though the wheels have been clean. I am going to try the silicone spray and possibly the washer.

Archived