U-Turn Coin Mech's

Bob258

I remember reading on the forum that there is a difference between the coin mech's with the word U Turn on the handle and the mech's that are just smooth without u turn on it. I remember that the one's with U Turn on the handle were the better one's and the smooth one's could possibly give free candy. The one's with U Turn on the handle have a metal spring on the back and the smooth is plastic.

Could anyone help and explain this better for me. I've got about a dozen of the one's with a smooth handle and I'm not sure if I should use them.

Thank you 

Thank you Mary and Rodney for the reply.  Rodney, I remember in the past you had said something about the new mech's with the word U Turn on the handle has a screw in the back of the them and the mech's without the word U Turn on the handle were the older one's and they didn't have this screw. Is there anything that you could tell me about that screw? Right now I'm starting to think that the mechs that I have without U Turn on the handle are good to use. Is that also true?

Thank you

There are screws you can get for the older mechs to knock out quarters, but the part that Mary is talking about is plastic on the back. It's the thin piece that checks the depth. 

I have used the older ones, they just get cheated easier than the newer ones. Even the newer ones get cheated though. Just depends on where you put them. Store break rooms tend to be the best on my route for them, but everywhere is different.

I have some of the Uturn embossed coin mechs left, if you need any PM me.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived