Rare Coins

roli112

I was just changing one of my mechs that Lacanteen sent me (by the way thank you, they just came in, were packaged perfectly but left me craving skittles now lol) and I found a 1927 silver nickel in my old mech... got me wondering, has anyone ever found any rare coins in their machines? I wouldn't have found it if I didn't have to replace my coin mech, it would have probably gone to someone as change.

e581bbce3d4c6727846f0f4f60fb73fc.jpg

Too funny! I literately found this 1934 Buffalo nickel Denver mint today. Appears to worth $40-$75.

How can you tell a nickel or quarter is silver or rare?

I just happen to know about the buffalo nickel, but that's the extent of my coin knowledge. Ha ha.

BT$

I know with quarters and dimes, if you look at the sides it will look completely silver,unlike normal quarters and dimes where you can see the different metals.

Also, like roli112 said, once you drop a silver coin, you'll hear the difference immediately.

e581bbce3d4c6727846f0f4f60fb73fc.jpg

Too funny! I literately found this 1934 Buffalo nickel Denver mint today. Appears to worth $40-$75.

How can you tell a nickel or quarter is silver or rare?

I just happen to know about the buffalo nickel, but that's the extent of my coin knowledge. Ha ha.

BT$

40% Silver nickels were 1942-45 when nickel was in more demand for the war effort. The mint mark is above the Monticello dome on the reverse. They look a bit velvety to me. The dimes quarters halves and dollar coins were 90% silver prior to 1964 with the exception of 1965-70 Kennedy half dollars which were 40$ silver. Hope this helps.

40% Silver nickels were 1942-45 when nickel was in more demand for the war effort. The mint mark is above the Monticello dome on the reverse. They look a bit velvety to me. The dimes quarters halves and dollar coins were 90% silver prior to 1964 with the exception of 1965-70 Kennedy half dollars which were 40$ silver. Hope this helps.

Tiny little correction:  Should be "1964 and prior".

Archived