cleaning old/melted candy

AMD Snacks

Hello all, recently picked up a a lot of about 40 machines, 10 of which are NW triples and have lots of melted chocolate, skittles, and some mike and Ikes in them. It was a good deal, but now i'm wondering if anyone has figured out the best way to remove that candy. I was thinking of soaking them in a tub of water maybe? A pressure washer? I don't have a pressure washer, but wouldn't mind the investment if it saved me hours. Any ideas?

soak or spray lots of hot water, makes a mess but works!

it dissolves the sugar so it will eventually comes free.

I had a couple of real nasty ones a whlie back, took the tops off and turned upside down in the driveway on top of some cardboard and let the sun do most of the work.

Cool, yeah the mess is my biggest concern, so I'll probably just do them all at once. Just found out spiders really love old chocolate...so yea sooner I clean the better lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Found about 3 dozen of whatever this is in em 467fc05e3f269a1cc4709fb9e4142cba.jpg

Dishwasher

Remove the tray

You meant the dishwasher tray..I read that as remove the candy tray, which made no sense to me lol. I'll try a hybrid of yours and sweetstop because there's way too much candy to run it in my dishwasher, it would clog it for sure. I'll melt it in the sun, scrape all I can out, then throw it in the dishwasher, thanks.

For a triple play, dismantle it, wash the small parts by hand or in the dishwasher. The "big" parts (like the outer housing) you'll likely have to scrub by hand. Lots of water, and an old toothbrush to get in some of the grooves is my best recommendation. Good luck!

Archived