Route performance

QuikVend

16 minutes ago, AMD Snacks said:

I'm surprised about the sports pub, seems like it would be a steady flow of people no?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Yea, it normally does better. It usually averages $18/mo. 

Was able to hit 19 more locations today. 

17. Department store breakroom #1 - $28.50 - 44 days

18. Department store breakroom #2 - $9.50 - 44 days

19. Tool rental place - $41.25 - 90 days

20. Hotel lobby #1 - $20.00 - 44 days

21. Rent to own place - $5.00 - 90 days

22. Electrical repair shop - $10.75 - 44 days

23. Department store breakroom #3 - $17.25 - 44 days

24. Bar and Grill - $52.75 - 90 days

25. Building supply warehouse - $17.75 - 90 days

26. Grocery store breakroom #1 - $47.50 - 44 days

27. Pet store breakroom - $1.25 - 90(asked to remove and say in corner for months) 

28. Tire shop - $9.00 - 44 days

29. Grocery store breakroom #2 - $19.75 - 44 days

30. Clothing resale store - $26.50 - 44 days

31. Grocery store breakroom #3 - $14.50 - 44 days

32. Department store breakroom #4 - $25.75 - 44 days

33. Hotel lobby #2 - $11.50 - 44 days

34. Small diner -  $7.75 - 60 days

35. Chinese Restaurant - $24.75 - 60 days

Quite a few locations didn't perform to their monthly averages. There are a few that are in the chopping block. The pet store moved the machine to a back corner right after my last service and let it sit the whole time without calling. They did me a favor though, it was a dud account up for removal anyway. Still have 15 locations I intend to visit. I'll ty to hit them while I'm out rubbing my full-line route. 

• 5 months later...
2 hours ago, Team Money Vending said:

This has been an awesome topic.

Thanks,

Thank you. If I get some time, I'll post an update.

6 minutes ago, rodney69 said:

I typically see a downturn in sales this time of year due to vacation I think.  Most of my stops change this time of year. 

That seems about right for me as well. Do you see an uptick towards the fall as well? 

How are you guys counting your money while on the go? Coin counter in the car? I seem to logistically have an issue when I am collecting multiple locations I am ready to get to the next spot, save time and energy. Putting locations in seperate bags? So all of a sudden you have 100 plastic bags in the back of your car? :) 

How are you guys counting your money while on the go? Coin counter in the car? I seem to logistically have an issue when I am collecting multiple locations I am ready to get to the next spot, save time and energy. Putting locations in seperate bags? So all of a sudden you have 100 plastic bags in the back of your car? [emoji4] 

I use Chase Bank bags myself. I put a small tab in each bag naming which account it is. I save the counting for the end of the day.

Sent from my Z987 using Tapatalk

Does Rodney replace all those $5 and $8 locations? Will take a year and a half to break even. All the money seems to be in the locating.. Do you pay any commission on the .50 capsule machine locations? You buy 50 locations at $50.00 each and you will get 10 good locations. That's $2,500 divided by 10 machines=$250.00 per location.

40 minutes ago, bill said:

Does Rodney replace all those $5 and $8 locations? Will take a year and a half to break even. All the money seems to be in the locating.. Do you pay any commission on the .50 capsule machine locations? You buy 50 locations at $50.00 each and you will get 10 good locations. That's $2,500 divided by 10 machines=$250.00 per location.

$40 locations help offset $5 locations, 10 good rack locations would make back $2,500 in less than two months. I'm not sure what you're trying to say. 

No locator knows how well or how poor a location is going to do, if they did in sure they would keep them all for themselves. They find out about a location and then see if they are interested in a machine. Rodney helps out a ton by offering you to check out the location before you commit to it, but I've gone into locations I thought should doe poorly and they've killed it and vice versa. It's all about getting your machines out there abs trying to find the ones that will make you money. 

2 hours ago, AMD Snacks said:

$40 locations help offset $5 locations, 10 good rack locations would make back $2,500 in less than two months. I'm not sure what you're trying to say. 

though Rodney doesn't place racks.  Kickstart is another option.  The warranty is 90 instead of 60.  We just had one recently that did well get kicked out after 60 days but luckily was still under warranty.

3 hours ago, bill said:

Low performance is a concern.  We have probably 8-10 that are less than $5 and will likely need replaced but it does seem like mostly what I do is pay out money.  I am thinking that full line may be worth having or at least a few accounts to make up for some of they income drain.

Depending on where those low performing locations are, I tend to stick with them. If I have a location doing $30-40 a month and I have some averaging $5 a month within earshot, I'm going to leave them and collect every other time I collect the $30-40 location. 

13 hours ago, QuikVend said:

Depending on where those low performing locations are, I tend to stick with them. If I have a location doing $30-40 a month and I have some averaging $5 a month within earshot, I'm going to leave them and collect every other time I collect the $30-40 location. 

I am new but I now have 70 locations. My 2 cents: Leave low performing machines in place and buy more machines! Over time, those $5 a month machines may start to be more, but someone else will place something there and be making the $5 a month. Just buy more machines and increase your route, it would take you no more then 5 minutes to collect, fill and clean the machine! Sounds like a winner to me. 12 x 5 = $60 a year. better then letting that machine sit dormant in your shop or in storage! Now, if your WHOLE route is $5 to $8, you got a problem. But again I am a newbie, so my opinion is what it is! :D

• 2 months later...
16 minutes ago, GumballDragon said:

I still have a hard time understanding the logic behind a 5.00/month location.  If you pull and relocate, you can develop a route of 100 machines equivalent to a route of 200 machines.  

Dollars per hour is what it's about.   I would never go out of my way to check a machine unless it has a decent amount. 

That usually means checking less often. 

ROI is still good on machines even at 5 bucks a month.  

Archived