Forum Update

The Mage

The forum has been updated. I am hoping it has resolved many of the issues people have been having. Problem is some of the changes might be causing problems. This is mostly due to settings that haven't been changed that are incompatible with the new software.

As an example, the advertising was preventing some people from accessing the forum. I would not have known about this if Hillbilly didn't contact me about it since it wasn't affecting my side.

If you are having issues since the upgrade, post here.

26 minutes ago, moondog said:

It appears that the "sign in- sign out" prompt is missing

Click on your user name at the top of the forum, to the right of your avatar. A dropdown window will show up allowing you to log out. When logged out, you should see a sign in link at the top of the page.

On the mobile site, clicking the Menu button opens the menu anchored to the right side of the page -- which is off-screen because the ad banners are wider than the screen.  A similar thing happens with the Language and Theme links at the bottom.  The menus open pinned to the bottom of the page rather than to the links.

Screenshot_20160906-213346.png

I'm aware of the mobile issue, but haven't had a chance to look into it. The menu can be brought into view by dragging it, and it is only with the people who see the ads.

But anyway, I believe I have fixed it.

Language wasn't supposed to be there, and was removed. I don't see the problem with the theme. I see it open the choice, and then change the theme.

Advertising has been updated so it shouldn't cause issues with mobile any more.

I am actively looking for bugs, and things that don't work, so go ahead and post if you find any. 

If you do find a bug, or what you think is a bug, let me know, so I can fix it. The more information you give me, the better. If I can't recreate the issue, I won't be able to fix it.

Thanks

On 9/7/2016 at 1:49 AM, The Mage said:

don't see the problem with the theme. I see it open the choice, and then change the theme.

Now that the Language option is gone, I can't get it to happen again.

The banner ads and menu do look good now.

The site experience is getting better with each little change.

One thing that the old site did that I really liked was going straight to the last unread post in a thread, which saved scrolling and reading time.  This new site doesn't do that, but if you are in a thread and click the Next Unread Topic link at the bottom it does. So, same feature, different path.

52 minutes ago, ClarkMI said:

Now that the Language option is gone, I can't get it to happen again.

The banner ads and menu do look good now.

The site experience is getting better with each little change.

The ads were from the old system, but I rebuilt the ads for the new system. I believe that corrected most of the problems. 

52 minutes ago, ClarkMI said:

One thing that the old site did that I really liked was going straight to the last unread post in a thread, which saved scrolling and reading time.  This new site doesn't do that, but if you are in a thread and click the Next Unread Topic link at the bottom it does. So, same feature, different path.

It should work just like the old one did. Click the circle to the left of the thread in the topic, (e.g. Beverage and Food Vending) and it takes you to the first unread post. It even say's that if you hover over it with a mouse pointer. I did check, and it seems to be working on with mobile. (With both themes.) Although the small circle may be hard to hit perfectly. 

I attempted to find if there was a setting for that image so I could change it, and make it a little larger, but I can't seem to find it right now. I think I'll put that on my todo list.

21 hours ago, The Mage said:

It should work just like the old one did. Click the circle to the left of the thread in the topic, (e.g. Beverage and Food Vending) and it takes you to the first unread post.

Cool!

Archived