USI combo machine problem

pocketjax

I recently purchased a small route that included a USI combo machine (I believe it is a 3130) and  discovered that I had a problem with 3 shelves. When C1 is selected C1 and C3 both vend 3 times simultaneously and vice versa if you choose C3. I have the same problem with D1,D3 and E1,E3. I have zero experience with these machines so any input would be greatly appreciated!

JJ

You may have a mis-wired motor on one of your 1 numbered and your 3 numbered motors or a couple of wires have grounded out (probably due to hanging loose from the shelf).  The motors are wired with polarity and that can't be reversed with out causing problems.  

Unplug two of those three shelf harnesses loose from the right side wall and then test the one you still have plugged in.  If the problem doesn't exist on the plugged in shelf then you know it's on one of the other two shelves.  Plug one of them in and test again.  If the issue shows itself you now know it's on the shelf just plugged in.  If not then plug the third shelf in and try again. One of these three shelves has a 1 motor wired backwards or has a wire shorted out against metal.  Additionally one has a 3 motor or wiring in the same condition.

It's also possible that the problem is actually on a shelf other than what you identified and that you haven't tested 1 or 3 selections on other shelves yet.  If you haven't yet done so, test those selections on the other shelves to see if the issue is on all shelves.

If you don't find any motor mis-wired or a bare wire grounded out then you could just have a bad motor in which you still need to narrow down the offending shelf or shelves and try unplugging the 1 or 3 motor to see if that stops the problem.

Archived