Just getting into honor boxes

QuikVend

Well I kicked the idea of honor boxes around long enough to find a great deal. Just picked up 50 Candy for a Cause boxes, 8 on location earning $100/mo., a couple boxes of candy and some other items (magnets, pens etc). Only $300 for all of it. 

All the boxes are labeled 50 cents or 3 for $1. What are some of you selling at those prices? The candy that he's using now is the cheap mix you might see for Halloween (Nerds, bite sized candy,etc) and I think 3 of those for $1 is a bit of a rip-off.

11 minutes ago, AMD Snacks said:

Yea that's true, you gonna stick to the 3 for $1 model?

Yeah I'm going to start at $1 and maybe move to $1.25 I'm still figuring out my plan

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

If I can find the right mix of products, I will. I've read going to $1.25 causes a slight drop in sales, but helps to increase profits. 

2 minutes ago, lionvending said:

I have been doing the Candy for a Cause for about 6 months now.  I rotate between Pearson Mints, Laffy Taffy, and a Mars bite size mix.  I stick with the 3 for $1.00 price point.  

How many do you have placed and how will are they doing? 

On 10/12/2016 at 2:27 PM, QuikVend said:

Well I kicked the idea of honor boxes around long enough to find a great deal. Just picked up 50 Candy for a Cause boxes, 8 on location earning $100/mo., a couple boxes of candy and some other items (magnets, pens etc). Only $300 for all of it. 

All the boxes are labeled 50 cents or 3 for $1. What are some of you selling at those prices? The candy that he's using now is the cheap mix you might see for Halloween (Nerds, bite sized candy,etc) and I think 3 of those for $1 is a bit of a rip-off.

I know you found this deal on Craigslist, but what search terms did you use?  I can never find deals on people selling their honor box businesses.  As far as the mix I use, it depends on the place.  Restaurants I stick with York mint patties and possibly fund size bars, and other places that are more casual I may put in blow pops, tootsie roll pops, fun size skittles and swedish fix mixes.  All found at my local Sams and BJs.   The day after Halloween, my hubby and I make the rounds to grab as many sale mix bags as we can.  Last year I ended up with a back seat full for some great deals the day after Halloween. 

Not to hijack the thread, but others please chime in with your success with mint boxes.  And, is anybody doing Nuts and Guts for Glory?

2 hours ago, verdigirl said:

I know you found this deal on Craigslist, but what search terms did you use?  I can never find deals on people selling their honor box businesses.  As far as the mix I use, it depends on the place.  Restaurants I stick with York mint patties and possibly fund size bars, and other places that are more casual I may put in blow pops, tootsie roll pops, fun size skittles and swedish fix mixes.  All found at my local Sams and BJs.   The day after Halloween, my hubby and I make the rounds to grab as many sale mix bags as we can.  Last year I ended up with a back seat full for some great deals the day after Halloween. 

Not to hijack the thread, but others please chime in with your success with mint boxes.  And, is anybody doing Nuts and Guts for Glory?

Yea, it was a Craigslist find. Actually, it's the second time I've found someone selling honor boxes. The first deal was 30 of the white generic boxes for $150, but I've just been sitting on those since I got themy.

I typically use 'vending' 'candy' and 'gum' when I'm checking out Craigslist. This was only the second time I've come across honor boxes in the year I've been vending.

Do you have any hair or nail places? All 8 of the placed boxes are in them right now, just curious what might do well there. 

Also, if you have an Ollie's nearby, they always have discounted candy. I've found some pretty good deals there for candy for my bulk machines and caramel creams/peppermint patties.

Archived