Are hotels worth it?

lionvending

im in the opposite camp on this one. ive had nothing but high theft in any hotel/motel. most of the hotels and motels around here are used for junkies, hookers, and temporary housing vouchers though.  im sure there is foot traffic, but in my area its not the type of foot traffic you want unless its a locked machine

1 hour ago, lionvending said:

bbeckl thank you for your warning.  I will check out only the more upscale hotels to give them a shot.

On 10/14/2016 at 9:21 AM, eaglesfan1203 said:

I've had great success with hotels.  Stick to the nice ones though, and use acrylic boxes. 

Do you run into any trouble with the chain hotels not giving approval, just like chain restaurants usually dont give approval?  Are you putting them in big name places?

Most of my hotel motel places have been chains. A few mom and pop spots, too, but mostly smaller chains. Motels are the same for me as (most) auto mechanics, (all) Mexican stores, mini/quick marts, so on. They just don't work, and I've never seen a good one. Not saying they don't exist, because I'm sure they do. We have pink ribbon box at  a "pet grooming" place. First time I went there I was like "no way. Might as well pull it now". It's a slow earner ( 70 day service cycle), but last serviceI collected $48+ from it. I guess the point of that long winded rant is, ya really never know. BUT, that being said, I wouldn't invest heavily in hotel, or dog groomer places. What I would focus on, is getting boxes in good locations, as close to the cash register as possible. It makes all the difference in the world. I have a bar, and when it's actually by the register, it does $40 a week. They moved it to a side table, won't put it back (in case someone spills a drink), and it does $11 a month. 

• 1 month later...
Most of my hotel motel places have been chains. A few mom and pop spots, too, but mostly smaller chains. Motels are the same for me as (most) auto mechanics, (all) Mexican stores, mini/quick marts, so on. They just don't work, and I've never seen a good one. Not saying they don't exist, because I'm sure they do. We have pink ribbon box at  a "pet grooming" place. First time I went there I was like "no way. Might as well pull it now". It's a slow earner ( 70 day service cycle), but last serviceI collected $48+ from it. I guess the point of that long winded rant is, ya really never know. BUT, that being said, I wouldn't invest heavily in hotel, or dog groomer places. What I would focus on, is getting boxes in good locations, as close to the cash register as possible. It makes all the difference in the world. I have a bar, and when it's actually by the register, it does $40 a week. They moved it to a side table, won't put it back (in case someone spills a drink), and it does $11 a month. 

70 is just too long. Chips expire by then. When you get time I would relocate it. If it's a pet place, they usually flip out about chocolate and animals.. One reason I couldn't get a bulk machine in one.

Sent from my Z987 using Tapatalk

Archived