Trying to tune a Mars TRC-6000 coin mech, advice?

Drwhippy

I followed the instructions on the manual:

http://www.meitechnical.com/mei-files/files/access-public/documentation/technical-documents/trc6xxx_operational_service_guide.pdf

1) Set one vend price to the highest programmable price and activate the door switch for machine.

2) Turn the machine OFF.

3) Lower the Acceptor/Gate Assembly.

4) Set the changer option switches as follows (if applicable for your model coin changer): ON U.S./ Canadian Acceptance OFF High 25¢ Sensor ON $ Coin Acceptance ON $ Coin Acceptance w/o 25¢

5) Short the set of tuning pins by touching both simultaneously with the tip of a metal screwdriver/ tuning plug; MEI P/N 208240001 PAK 5. (See Figure 12 or Figure 13 on this page).

6) With the screwdriver/tuning plug still touching the tuning pins, turn machine ON.

7) Remove the screwdriver/tuning plug when the "normal" message appears on the display of the machine.

8 )Press the Acceptor/Gate Assembly back into position until the spring clips engage.

I'm on page 15/21. I don't want to use dollar coins. Is it appropriate to switch the switches to OFF, OFF, OFF, OFF? I don't want to accept Canadian coins or dollar coins so I'd like to not calibrate them, but should I keep them on for tuning settings?

You should tune it for dollar coins because if the coin slot fits the dollar coin then you might as well accept it to your coin box.  Why reject US money that someone wants to spend?  If you're afraid of too many dollar coins emptying your coin tubes you don't need to worry about it.  You'll rarely get a dollar coin as most people and banks don't carry them.  You don't have to tune any coin you don't want to accept so if you don't want to accept Canadian coins then don't tune them.  You'd need those coins to do the calibration anyway so without 10 or more of each coin you can't tune it.

Archived