MEI Bill Acceptor - Bill Path Jammed Error

Splash  and Dash

I have an MEI Bill Acceptor, Model 2612 U3 that is down. The flashing lights indicate that the Bill Path is Jammed but I've cleaned it out and there is nothing there.  I have unplugged it from everything and plugged it back in and its still not working. Any suggestions?  Also, does anyone know the difference between a model 2612 with a U3 following verses a U5 or U7 (examples).  Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

That error means you need to rebuild the validator since nothing is obstructing the bill path.  You can send it to me for repair if needed.  Email me at rbepic4gatgmaildotcom.  The U designations simply indicate the bill stacker capacity in 100s of bills that the validator originally came with from the factory.  Since MEI bill stackers are interchangeable you can't go by that number to see what stacker you have now, you just need to learn what they look like size-wise.  The U5 had a side door to extract bills.  All the others have top openings.  The U7 is an extended stacker.  The most common stacker is the U3 but there is also the U2 which is the smallest one.

Archived