Servicing location owned machines

If you're referring to taking over and servicing machines owned by the location, then yes, I used to do it for some accounts that were tired of handling their own vending.  The arrangement was always that I would run the machine and take care of repairs in return for them allowing me to make the money off the machines since I did all the work.  I would pay a normal commission if needed just as I would if I owned the machine.  It's kind of like having a free machine from Coke or Pepsi (that actually was how third party vending worked back in the old days) except that you will pay for the repairs - unless you work out an even better arrangement.  There's no need to pay them anything more for the privilege of using their machine so if that's what they expect then I'd walk away. If instead, they want someone to take the headaches away from them then that's what you can do for them.

I have a location that owns the machines and I service them. I give them a small rental fee, and handle the repairs and maintenence of the machines.   Other than the rental fee, I keep all money.  This account has 10 machines, and they are happy because their 2500 employees are happy. I am very happy and could not ask for a better group of people to work with. It is truly a win-win situation.

Archived