API Snacks hop 4000 bottom tray issues

AngelCity

The bottom tray of my API Snackshop 4000 doesn't seem to be working. The first spiral (F1) is turned a little different then the rest. After trying each selection, the machine tells me to make another selection. None of the selections on the bottom tray are working. I have looked for loose connections, and have searched through the 80's manual for help and cannot find anything. 

Could the first motor, which I'm assuming is bad because of how the spiral is turned, make the rest of the shelf not function?

Anyone have any troubleshooting tips?

Those motors run independently though they do share the F wire.  You can try a different motor but that may not be the issue.  You probably need to ohm out the F wire back to the logic board, if the entire shelf doesn't work.

Swap the F tray with the A tray, hit the operate switch and re test. If the problem stays at the bottom, you have a problem with the F wire between the board and the cabinet back plug. If the problem moves with the tray, the problem is on the tray. You must press the operate switch first and wait for the red light to come back on.

Wiring was ok, pretty much needed to reset machine and prices. When put into test mode, it showed the prices were there. Then set prices of that shelve to 0 and tested motors. All worked. Reset machine and prices and seemed like everything worked. 

Archived