Lost key

tnycman

I wish I was standing in front of the machine oKI am from Georgia we talk different from people from the North  so bare with me  when you lock a machine the lock a small metal piece of the goes up in the lock mechanism so you are not using a dent puller you must dig the lock out  It will take time take a flat head screwdriver and a hammer don't hit it to hard just work around it  and dig the gold part out and take a  regular piers  grab the gold part and turn it left and right it is not a 2 minute job keep digging into the metal and then use your piers and repeat until up get the lock out  The picture you show of the new lock will show you what is holding the lock in place You will dig it out but wear gloves those pieces of metal will get in your hands  Good luck

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, tnycman said:

Do you really think that this post will show something that there isn't already on the internet ? and lets replace the knifes in steak houses with the plastic ones since they could potentially kill people.. Get real brother!

No comparison.

We cannot control what is out there on the internet but we can control what is here.

I have no problem helping a legitimate vendor get into their machine on a PM.

Seriously, delete this thread.

Blast away

8 hours ago, RSGTexas said:

I use a hammer drill and a very hard carbide bit like 3/8 or bigger...the actual drilling lasts 1-2 min tops...$100 for onsite removal and new lock with 2 keys...totally removes the guts of the lock like it was made of butter...

Not the case here, i messed up the entire handle, this drilling thing ain't working for me.

19 hours ago, RSGTexas said:

I use a hammer drill and a very hard carbide bit like 3/8 or bigger...the actual drilling lasts 1-2 min tops...$100 for onsite removal and new lock with 2 keys...totally removes the guts of the lock like it was made of butter...

HSS is better, as carbide is very brittle.

Even though you drilled it out the pen from the cylinder lock still may protruding into the outside of the t handle keeping if from popping out. It looks like you are going to need a new T handle so you minus well just get it done. Try hitting it to loosen it up or grab the edge of the t handle with a pair of vice grips and pull on it. This happened on a vendo to me and ended up using 8 bits and had to get a new handle when I was done. 

Next time don't drill the barrel lock it self. Drill next to it so you release the pen holding the handle in. You have a 50/50 chance depending on what side you choose. 

On 11/30/2016 at 4:35 AM, RSGTexas said:

Not the case here, i messed up the entire handle, this drilling thing ain't working for me.

28 minutes ago, PHX1 said:

Next time don't drill the barrel lock it self. Drill next to it so you release the pen holding the handle in. You have a 50/50 chance depending on what side you choose. 

Trust me there won't be a next time for me.. :)..

But you are right that's exactly what happened here i messes up the entire T  handle is gone.. How about trying to force open with pry bar ?

Did you get in without too much damage?

I just got some time to force open it, and it did some damage, dents paint chip, in addition to ripping the lock out. On the bright side, it took only 5 minutes..

Since this is over, going back to fix what i destroyed..20161204_105533.thumb.jpg.24d06ee472263920161204_105543.thumb.jpg.d14cd3363b91e920161204_105645.thumb.jpg.08f0e6b09f24f220161204_105828.thumb.jpg.3bb642e0a32c04

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

20161204_105529.thumb.jpg.263e67e9022bef

I usually just drill tiny holes in front of the pins and pull the pins out with a magnet (the ones that don't fall out on their own).  Then take some pliers and pull the center out, then the rest of the lock comes out easy.  The only thing I destroy is the actual little cam lock that I can't use anyway with out the key.

Now that you have it open get your money out of it and dump it.  Gaines machines are junk.

I know a lot of people here don't like this type of combos, however this machine has served its purpose and worked fine.. i will fix the lock and place it in another location.

I've bought machines without the keys before, and for $75 had a mobile locksmith open them.  Most of the time without drilling out the lock, and without all the ancillary damages to the machines.  A whole lot less stressful.

Live and learn.. like they say..

Now that you have it open get your money out of it and dump it.  Gaines machines are junk.

Btw, do you have any of the handles for sale with the lock ?

Send me a photo of your threaded stud, especially if it's still in the T-handle flange.  Email me at rbepic4gatgmaildotcom and I can match it up and send you one.  Put a tape measure along the stud from the flange to the tip of the stud.

Send me a photo of your threaded stud, especially if it's still in the T-handle flange.  Email me at rbepic4gatgmaildotcom and I can match it up and send you one.  Put a tape measure along the stud from the flange to the tip of the stud.

Email send.

On 12/6/2016 at 4:05 AM, tnycman said:

Btw, do you have any of the handles for sale with the lock ?

You can buy a T-handle here... http://www.capitalvending.com/replacement-bill-validator-clone-.html?category_id=885

But my guess is that with the method that you used to open the machine you could have done more damage than just a broken T-handle. What do you plan on doing with the machine once you get it fixed?

I would guess that parts for this machine are going to become harder & harder to come by so you maybe better off trying to get rid of it before this happens.

Just my opinion.... 

Usedvending.com is not a good place to get machine values. People list their machines on the website for free and the company marks up the price to cover their fees. 

They don't put a mark up, i believe they charge the buyers and sellers some fee..
When i placed my AMS combo, i got a very few inquiries from the site, but by the time my machine was effin stolen..

Archived