Lost key

tnycman

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/19/2016 at 10:39 AM, tnycman said:

Anyone knows a quick way to open a VM750 ??

I lost the damn keys..

Thank you all..

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

It all depends on what kind of lock it's got.  If it's one with the round slot, they're usually quite easy to drill out with a very small drill bit that will fit in the slot.  The idea is to drill out the pins which you should be able to spot if you look closely.  If you have a lock with a straight slot, it will take a larger bit and considerably more time to open.  A Medco lock, which are the best, could take several hours to drill out.

It all depends on what kind of lock it's got.  If it's one with the round slot, they're usually quite easy to drill out with a very small drill bit that will fit in the slot.  The idea is to drill out the pins which you should be able to spot if you look closely.  If you have a lock with a straight slot, it will take a larger bit and considerably more time to open.  A Medco lock, which are the best, could take several hours to drill out.

Not sure the type of lock it has, but it seems its the one that comes from the factory..

Its a PAA-19 if that makes any sense to you, and thats the number i saw on the lock.

Tks

That is a Pepsi core lock.  I can check if I have that one but it doesn't sound familiar.  

Thanks, i tried to drill the lock but ran out of drill bits as they constantly broke, hope did screw it up.. :)

What kind of lock is it.  If it's a round key Ace type lock then you need a new bit and need to go far enough to cut the inside locking bolt of the lock off.  Usually it doesn't take that much drilling as the lock cylinder often falls out before you go that deep.  The mess you're looking at means you had a crummy bit(s) or you were drilling a security lock.

What kind of lock is it.  If it's a round key Ace type lock then you need a new bit and need to go far enough to cut the inside locking bolt of the lock off.  Usually it doesn't take that much drilling as the lock cylinder often falls out before you go that deep.  The mess you're looking at means you had a crummy bit(s) or you were drilling a security lock.

Not sure, all i was able to see before drilling it had PAA-19 written on it..

2 hours ago, tnycman said:

Not sure, all i was able to see before drilling it had PAA-19 written on it..

I wish I had seen this before you started drilling as I would've sent you a spare PAA-19 or you could've just brought one here http://www.ebay.ca/itm/182249809123?rmvSB=true  

When you drill out a lock you really want to use Masonry Drill Bits & also use the correct technique... I always attempt to try to hit the tab on the barrel to pop open the lock. The tab is the bit poking out the top of the barrel & once you have drilled thru it it will drop down allowing you to remove the barrel or open the T-handle. 

Image result for tubular lock vending

Here is a video of how to do it... I can't say that I have ever done any as quick as in the video but sometimes they will pop easy & sometimes they require a bit more patience.  Good luck!

I seen that video, i did try that as well, obviously I'm doing something wrong.

Back to drill baby drill. [emoji3]

I wish I had seen this before you started drilling as I would've sent you a spare PAA-19 or you could've just brought one here http://www.ebay.ca/itm/182249809123?rmvSB=true  

When you drill out a lock you really want to use Masonry Drill Bits & also use the correct technique... I always attempt to try to hit the tab on the barrel to pop open the lock. The tab is the bit poking out the top of the barrel & once you have drilled thru it it will drop down allowing you to remove the barrel or open the T-handle. 

mGk1BPlmum-pIF3w5o-soiw.jpg

Gosh i wish I seen that, as I'm drilling wirh ko end in sight. I'm about an inch deep and the lock still standing stong.. Obviously I'm doing smthg wrong or this lock is super strong.. its probably me doing it wrong.

5 minutes ago, SCOTT1963 said:

A bunch of experienced vending people telling other people the easiest way to break into the equipment.

This thread should be deleted

Do you really think that this post will show something that there isn't already on the internet ? and lets replace the knifes in steak houses with the plastic ones since they could potentially kill people.. Get real brother!

1 hour ago, SCOTT1963 said:

A bunch of experienced vending people telling other people the easiest way to break into the equipment.

This thread be deleted 

I tend to agree with you that this post should be deleted... I think I will  PM people in the future that are requiring assistance in breaking into machines.

Not that my recommendation is helping much :rolleyes:

Wow that looks bad before I bought a dent puller I use to drill the lock and all I got was metal splinters in my hand. Tnycman if you have a friend who works at a body and borrow a dent puller you will be surprised how quick the lock will pop out.

I could probably find a puller, but what i can see there is no lock in there to pull out from what i can see..

Archived