Mint box accounts

Determined

I currently have a bulk vending route. Thinking of getting some mint boxes to fill in holes in my route. There are many restaurants that don't have room for bulk machines here. What's the longest you've had a mint box at one location? Thanks!

I just started running mint boxes about 6 months ago.  But, the majority of the locations that I have placed my boxes have kept them in place.  I think the key is friendly service and developing a courteous relationship with the businesses.

Thanks for the feedback! Do you know what % turnover rate you have? If you have a high theft rate when do you pull it? I would think it would vary week to week if it were in a high traffic area. More so than in a private office. If or when I order boxes from Sheridan how long can I expect to wait to get them?

1 hour ago, Determined said:

Thanks for the feedback! Do you know what % turnover rate you have? If you have a high theft rate when do you pull it? I would think it would vary week to week if it were in a high traffic area. More so than in a private office. If or when I order boxes from Sheridan how long can I expect to wait to get them?

I've only been doing these for about a month or so, but you hit on the problems with this business that I've seen so far.  Some of the places the theft can vary substantially from one pickup to the next.  What I've been monitoring is the profit per unit (only considering the cost of the candy and the collections amount).  I also am watching the profit per day or time period.  Some places have low theft but don't sell much at all.  In contrast, some places have high theft but still generate a lot of profit because they are high volume.

I haven't yet figured out when the best time to pull something is but I'm thinking I'd like to see about $5 minimum per month profit for the low volume places.  For the high volume places I like to be making a few dollars each pull but eventually I will likely have to tweak it because of the additional cost of servicing those places.  

What I am thinking is that the business model I eventually want to have is a variety of vending situations with honor boxes, bulk and full line.  Right now I only have about 4 locations for bulk and 40 for honor boxes.

When I bought my boxes, there were 8 already on location. I had 32 more located. it's looking like maybe 10-12 of those will stick and have decent to good profits. I've been tracking shrinkage, but mostly keeping an eye on profit per collection. I haven't really dug into the numbers to determine when I'd like to pull either, but eventually I'll set some guidelines for myself.

33 minutes ago, vendtex said:

What I am thinking is that the business model I eventually want to have is a variety of vending situations with honor boxes, bulk and full line.  Right now I only have about 4 locations for bulk and 40 for honor boxes.

That's where in at currently. Just trying to rotate between growing each section. They all have their positives and negatives, but I like the variety and if I time everything right, I can get a continuous stream of income in place.

Mint boxes intrigue me because of how fast I could expand. I'm just trying to determine if mint boxes are for me. I'll probably start with 10. Sitting at 32 bulk locations. Getting a bit restless/impatient with bulk. Probably time to take a break from locating. Can't seem to grow fast enough or generate enough cash. Still like it though. 

I have a couple that I have to run twice a week. Usually $20 to $30 each trip. Its all about locations. Those are few and far between, wish I had more like that.

When I was using a locator I would figure I would have to pick up about 3 or 4 out of 10 locations. The manager or somebody would say yes and the owner would come in and say it has to go.

They're easier to acquire and easier to lose. Usually the box is right there in the locations face. At least with bulk, you're machine is off to the side or by the door.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Yesterday, one of our locations decided to take the money out of the box and give it to the local food bank because they "don't allow solicitation" even though my son had asked permission from a front staff member.  Rather than call the number clearly indicated on the box.  He also apparently destroyed the box.

4 hours ago, Lake Cities Vending said:

Don't feel bad. I had a location and when I came back to switch it out the guy there told me the owner came in and threw it in the trash.

The irony is he didn't want us "soliciting" for breast cancer research at a medical clinic so he stole the money destroyed the box and gave money that people thought was going to breast cancer to the local food bank.

Archived