Help !! Problem with Crane 157.I am going crazy

vinceqc

Hello,

I am going mad crazy with a problem I have

It all started when I removed the D tray which was configure as 5 large products and wanted to change it for 10 candy spiral.Little did I know I was about to open a box full of sh*t I wouldn't be able to close.So I went to Brokerhouse Distributors our official Crane retailer here in Canada.I bought dividers,motors,spirals etc...But I wasn't able to complete my project because the harness I needed is discontinued.My harness is connected to a circuit board to the back of the tray which connect to a series of metal connectors.I need 2 harness of 5 connection each but can't find those anywhere.

I went to put back the tray like it was originally but it still wasn't working.When I set up the trays I get the first one right ( AAAAA ) and (BBBBB) and the C...When i get to D it golpher up the whole thing and reset the other trays.I went into test motor and I always get 'D'D'D'D'D' the bracket means the motor is missing or the tray is not recognized...So I removed all the motors on the D tray and tried them on E.The motors are working.Then I removed the circuit board where the harness connect from the F tray,which was working,and put the D board on F tray.I was expecting F to not working and D to work...But surprise,the two of them are not working anymore !!

I unplugged the machine...put the boards like they were before...and both trays still don't work.I spent 4 hours trying over and over to program the damn trays but I left before I break something.I will call back Crane tomorrow,bring some contact cleaner next time I go there,but do any of you guys have an idea of what I should do ? Any way you can make a hard reset on Crane machines ? I ran out of ideas.Thanks !!

Included is the picture of my fully working machine before I decided to f*ck up the whole thing

rsz_boisé_gagnon.jpg

11 hours ago, Walta said:

Is this the harness you need?

I think it is very unlikely it is discontinued.

Find another source.

https://www.dsvendinginc.com/p-2490-d167-9011-national-10-motor-tray-harness.aspx

Walta

No, that's the harness used after the upgrade to rail boards. The early 157's had contacts in the back of the cabinet. When I run to  this version, I always do the upgrade, but it can get expensive:

6-tray harness

6-rail board

5-RH tray rail

1-main harness motor board to rail boards

Sadly, for this vender, I've tossed many of the harness he needs. I'll dig around for some though.

18 hours ago, vinceqc said:

I am located in canada but I am sure we could arrange something for shipping,I would pay you back the fees.

That's doable. If the shipping isn't crazy expensive, I'll send you all 6 of these and you just make a donation to this forum in my honor.  Email me at:

george@louisianacanteen.com

I don't know which part is faulty but if I change both of them I should get somewhere.The connector board with the blades located on the tray and the one that is located in the middle of the machine.Any of you guys has both parts ? 

Archived