Cash purchases not recording

I've hooked up my 6th credit card reader onto a 3ish year old vendo drink machine. It is a USA tech eport. Online I see all of the credit/debit transactions for the past couple of weeks but no cash purchases. Worked the account just now and there was both coins and bills in the machine. It will take cash but won't record it online. I thought maybe I hooked up the changer/bill acceptor in the wrong order but I triple checked and it's hooked up correctly. Anyone ever have this problem?  

I've hooked up my 6th credit card reader onto a 3ish year old vendo drink machine. It is a USA tech eport. Online I see all of the credit/debit transactions for the past couple of weeks but no cash purchases. Worked the account just now and there was both coins and bills in the machine. It will take cash but won't record it online. I thought maybe I hooked up the changer/bill acceptor in the wrong order but I triple checked and it's hooked up correctly. Anyone ever have this problem?  

Mine do the same thing. It's a Vendo characteristic that I haven't been able to change. Anyone else out there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ordered the eport like 2 months ago. That seems like a short time to have to update the software but I'm clueless in that department. 

I didnt have have the second hooked up due to it being in the bottom right of the door waaaay away from the credit card reader. Earlier today I plugged it in and tried a couple bills/coins and nothing changed. 

Newbie question. How do you update the software? I assume it's pretty easy. 

20 minutes ago, CapitalCityVendingLLC said:

I ordered the eport like 2 months ago. That seems like a short time to have to update the software but I'm clueless in that department. 

The software on your Vendo, not your eport. Order a new eprom with the latest SW from your supplier

Call USA tech. I had a Royal that did this and they changed the version of software on the eport. They will be able to tell you if your vendo  needs an updated eprom also. You don't need the Dex hooked up to see cash sales just FYI. 

7 minutes ago, PHX1 said:

Call USA tech. I had a Royal that did this and they changed the version of software on the eport. They will be able to tell you if your vendo  needs an updated eprom also. You don't need the Dex hooked up to see cash sales just FYI. 

Correct, correct, and correct. thumbsup_zpso2lhz01i.gif

Hi I am having same problem on three vendo 721 they are all showing credit card transactions but none of them are showing cash transactions.

They did update software on my eports but still not showing cash transactions. How do we check if eprom is updated one or needs update.

Can I download that software for eprom on USB and update myself.

29 minutes ago, putrevus said:

They did update software on my eports but still not showing cash transactions. How do we check if eprom is updated one or needs update.

Can I download that software for eprom on USB and update myself.

First off, I said change, not update. If you are talking to a good tech support person they will know the machine you are referring to. No you can't put it on a jump drive. You must buy the eprom. 

First off, I said change, not update. If you are talking to a good tech support person they will know the machine you are referring to. No you can't put it on a jump drive. You must buy the eprom. 

Thanks for your help.

I told the tech guys it is vendo 721 they have sent updates but nothing changed.

Where can we buy eprom will it be available from Betson parts.

Thanks again.

OK first off I am going to disagree on the cash data (if I read the above answers correctly); you must connect your DEX to get the cash data.  The DEX is the large RCA plug (single large 1/4 inch prong that plugs in).  I have an EPort on a newer Vendo and it works fine, but if the vending machine software is older you may need a newer version/ EPROM as advised above.....

1 hour ago, Southeast Treats said:

OK first off I am going to disagree on the cash data (if I read the above answers correctly); you must connect your DEX to get the cash data.  The DEX is the large RCA plug (single large 1/4 inch prong that plugs in).  I have an EPort on a newer Vendo and it works fine, but if the vending machine software is older you may need a newer version/ EPROM as advised above.....

Not true.  You do not have to be connected to Dex to receive cash sales data. It can be recorded off the MDB circuit depends on machine and software(s)

Archived