AP 4000 not vending

Mr Ed

I have an AP4000 I am trying to bring to life....Finally got the mode box running and the bill validator and coin mech both work.It registers cash when I use it but no matter how much I put in when I go to vend a product it always says make another selection.There are plenty of coins in the mech and the items are priced correctly.....Could this be the logic board or is it just dying?

i assigned prices to everything so i don't think that is it.....this is an older ap 4000 .How can i get into programming mode?  It does have a service button ,a check price button,set price, and test vend button

The Operate button on the mode box must be depressed when the door closes or pressed by you before closing the door to put the machine into the vend mode or it won't accept money.  Otherwise the machine stays in the service mode.  The programming is performed simply with the buttons on the mode box.  If you have set your prices and can verify them with the Check Price button then your programming is done.  When you press the Operate button does the red led on it come on?  

Sounds to me like you lost the 28VAC that drives the motors. On the bottom right of the control board is a plug with 2 black wires and 4 white wires numbered 11,12,13,&14.

The 2 black wires are 115VAC for the changer-which you say is working

Voltage on 11&12 will either be 12VAC or 28VAC. The 12VAC is logic power for the board, 28VAC is for the motors. What ever voltage is on 11, & 12, the other voltage will be on 13 & 14.

I have a beer that says the 28VAC is either missing (bad breaker, transformer), or the pins are smashed and not contacting the header on the board.

Archived