Micro market request for smaller company.

putrevus

Hi All,

Thanks in advance for all your help.I had a request from warehouse which has 60 plus employees and another 100 truck drivers ( I don't know how to confirm this number except take his word) coming thru every day. It is open five days in a week. They have vending machines right and the manager wants to get rid of them as he finds them very institutional , he has asked if we can provide them with Micro market.

It is a blue collar location and they have vouched to dismiss anyone caught stealing,Is this location even worth while wasting my time. I asked him if he wants a food vending machine I can provide it. This would be my first Micro Market, this location is very close  which is  very attractive for me.

Please give me your suggestions is this even worth considering, ultimately I want to go into micro markets rather than vending.

Thanks again for your help.

Do the truck drivers "coming through" all work for his company?  He can't do much about visitors or non employees stealing....

No but they seem to have contract with these guys.He said they won't risk stealing or they would lose their contracts.

But it is a total blue collar location.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is the wrong type of account for a micro market.  They will steal and they won't be fired or have their contracts cancelled unless you have video proof and pursue it constantly.  White collar accounts with limited egress to the micromarket is the best type of location for them.  I wouldn't do it.  Put card readers on the machines and have that be the upgrade from the perceived "institutional machines."  This manager has been reading too much and at that, not the right information.

This is the wrong type of account for a micro market.  They will steal and they won't be fired or have their contracts cancelled unless you have video proof and pursue it constantly.  White collar accounts with limited egress to the micromarket is the best type of location for them.  I wouldn't do it.  Put card readers on the machines and have that be the upgrade from the perceived "institutional machines."  This manager has been reading too much and at that, not the right information.

I don't have my vending machines here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't even mess with it if all they want is a micromarket and it's your first one.  You will fail to make a profit with that few people and with blue collar employees.  It will put a bad taste for micromarkets in your mouth, though it would show you how to fail with one.

• 2 months later...

I couldn't find any post for micro markets and information about them on the forum, so I am hopping on this topic since it is the closest I could search for....

I have another micro market install coming up soon...but not 100% happy with the current kiosk machine I am using which is Par Level Systems....can anyone give me more suggestions to use or which kiosk you are currently using and are working fine.

Thank you all for your assistance....

lacanteen what do you mean by pre-kits are those your micro market build outs? Do they come already made or are you making them yourself? Im looking for new things than the my last micro market....

We pre kit all of our routes including micromarkets. Our kiosks by  365 Markets send telemetry to our Lightspeed system, as do our USAT card modems and Streamware estimators. The totes are assembled and distributed daily totaling over 30,000 pieces per day. ("pieces" meaning, bag of chips, candy bar or can Coke)

Archived