Snack and drink machine left at body shop.

kyle0050

Found a drink and a snack machine on CL for really cheap. Guy bought the property (Is a bodyshop/dealership) and they were left there. I told him $140 for both and can probably get him to go $100 but I was wondering if these were left here are they even worth my time? The guy says they work but the biggest problem is since they were left there are no keys for them so I can't look inside. Was just curious one your guys opinions.

It depends on the models and conditions. For that cheap, they might be worth it. If you could provide pictures or anything relevant, we could tell you. If it's a lektovend snack and a USI CD 7/5, then no. If it's a leased soda machine, then no. If it's something decent, then obviously yes.

Go for it.  I doubt that Pepsi is still interested in the ooooold Vendo and the USI snack is a good one.  You might even find money in them to pay for your expense.  If you want to feel safe then call the local Pepsi distributor and give them the asset number off the machine to check their inventory.

4 minutes ago, AZVendor said:

Go for it.  I doubt that Pepsi is still interested in the ooooold Vendo and the USI snack is a good one.  You might even find money in them to pay for your expense.  If you want to feel safe then call the local Pepsi distributor and give them the asset number off the machine to check their inventory.

Since you sell a lot of parts and stuff here, how hard are keys to get or to maybe drill/break the lock on those machines if I do pick them up.

7 hours ago, lacanteen said:

Have any of you had equipment get stranded inside of a business that suddenly closed? The drink machine is clearly marked who the owner is and the snack machine belongs to someone.

Yes... maybe it's just me but I don't think I would be able to buy equipment like this without first trying to track down the rightful owner. Even after doing that I still don't know whether I could bring myself to doing it!

They could be things that belonged to the prior property owner outright and he just abandoned them, but yes I would worry about finding out for sure and finding a prior owner.... If I think a location is shaky I try to put a sticker or business card inside the machine to help establish my ownership at a later time if needed, or just to give someone a clue if the outer markings are removed..... have been thinking about having inventory/asset stickers printed but that would be a luxury that is way down the funding list currently...

They could be things that belonged to the prior property owner outright and he just abandoned them, but yes I would worry about finding out for sure and finding a prior owner.... If I think a location is shaky I try to put a sticker or business card inside the machine to help establish my ownership at a later time if needed, or just to give someone a clue if the outer markings are removed..... have been thinking about having inventory/asset stickers printed but that would be a luxury that is way down the funding list currently...

I just printed off a off a sheet of stickers from fedex kinkos. One goes on the outside and I place one hidden inside in case I need to prove it later in a situation like this. I think I spent 10 bucks on a sheet of 20 or 30.

If that was a Pepsi asset maybe they have a record of who had the account and you can contact them to see if he wants his machines. You may get lucky. Assuming the new owners are even ok with that. The deal for the property probly includes all fixtures, furniture and equipment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I almost lost a couple machines at a company in we served. I called one day to ask a question and was told the property had sold and my equipment would need to be removed the next day at the latest.
They had known for weeks but never told me.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, Chard said:

I almost lost a couple machines at a company in we served. I called one day to ask a question and was told the property had sold and my equipment would need to be removed the next day at the latest.
They had known for weeks but never told me.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

I have had similar instances in which I was only given a 1-day or 2-day notice but for different reasons.  Needless to say, I was pretty sour about it considering I rely on a mover's availability to do my moves.

12 hours ago, Snickers said:

We lost a mint condition 501e this way. Never did chase it down. 

That sucks!

Just went thru a bunch of c##p with location because of mice! 

Didn't lose machine, I pulled it because of them not responding to my concerns of mice attempting to get into snack machine!

On 12/7/2016 at 7:26 PM, AngryChris said:

I have had similar instances in which I was only given a 1-day or 2-day notice but for different reasons.  Needless to say, I was pretty sour about it considering I rely on a mover's availability to do my moves.

We showed up to service two machines at a location and noticed they were taking the sign down.  The last guy there waited on us to move our machines out, then locked the place up and left for good.

It's a good thing we were using our big truck with the lift that day.

Archived