Refurb it!

lacanteen

Since it's late, and Kiwi is just waking up, I'll start with just a full pic, then expand upon the details tomorrow. I have 3 speeches to give in the next 10 days and only have an outline so far.

Does this look too 'pink' for you? From the front there's a pink hue, but from a side angle it's a light pewter or platinum. At any rate, I have 10 more of these to use up before I re-order.

IMG_20161202_145650%20002_zpsvnr1dkrf.jp

It did look "pink" in the other picture you uploaded too but I just thought that it was the lighting 

Is this the same platinum wrap that you used on the other refurb you posted awhile back... that one looked more like a cream colour than pink?

It still looks pretty cool & I definitely would be happy if my refurbs came out looking like that :rolleyes:

Keep the pictures coming because I for one really appreciate it

Looks pink to me too. The wrap I showed a while back was from V/E and was more gray. The V/E wrap was also 12 mil, clear coated and cost $235. However, they sent one large sheet and I cut it into 2 1/2 sets of the following dimensions:

14" wide X 67" high

6" wide X 67" high

This cutting ends up costing $94 per set.

I negotiated pre-cut 12 mil with Graphics That Pop for less than this with a minimum of 12 sets. Having them cut it would have been worth the same or a little more but the Donald Trump in me prevailed.

The rest of the outer door to recap: The top panel was cut from  left over Tuffronts. The center panel is also left over Tuffront since we try to save the silver panels on old A/Ps when they come in.

Bottom panel is Bison Black from D&S self cut vinyl, under $5

Black T-handle from A/P 17200002-02 under $18

Black vertical trim from V/E-VE195Q under $18ea

Coin cup trim & door assy from V/E-VE8305 under $17

Gum & mint filler plate to remove gum tray from A/P 12000121 under $25

24" LED tube from D&S DS2600B under $35

Price rolls (eliminated tabs) from D&S-DS174 under $1ea

Product pushers (end of spirals) from V/E-VE444A under $ .26 each

Coin return button from V/E- VE8332 under $3

Selection ID tab set from V/E- VE1581 under $5

In-one RVMC kit-cost not to be disclosed. (sorry)

MEI VN2502-U5M bill acceptor- was already in the machine

MEI CF7512 changer 5/10/25/25/$1 was already in the machine

3 hours ago, lacanteen said:

The wrap I showed a while back was from V/E and was more gray. The V/E wrap was also 12 mil, clear coated and cost $235. 

I have attached a photo & link for anybody who didn't see the other refurb that lacanteen did awhile back because I think it's worth checking out the difference in the before & after shots...

LCM2-8_zps7ojchu2r.jpg

I just wanted to thank you for taking the time to post part numbers ect... I really like the AP120 series (probably my favorite of all AP's) & with the end result you get with the face lifts & upgrades you give them they look as good if not better than any of the 'new' machines available.

I am not sure if it was intentional  or not but I think that the 2x color scheme is what makes the machine look even better... reminds me of one of the USI lines that they released a couple of years back.

I have another questions for you....I was wondering as part of your refurb program what other machine's do you guy's do? 

1 hour ago, kiwi said:

I just wanted to thank you for taking the time to post part numbers ect... I really like the AP120 series (probably my favorite of all AP's) & with the end result you get with the face lifts & upgrades you give them they look as good if not better than any of the 'new' machines available.

I am not sure if it was intentional  or not but I think that the 2x color scheme is what makes the machine look even better... reminds me of one of the USI lines that they released a couple of years back.

I have another questions for you....I was wondering as part of your refurb program what other machine's do you guy's do? 

Color scheme came from using stuff that's laying around. The only thing I paid for is the bottom panel and it's under $5

In our refurb program the decision to do it or not rests with parts availability, and the ability to make the machines look nice inside and out.

A/P: 5500 (if in perfect shape), 6/7000, 110 series, 120 series, 130 series, 930 series, LCM 1,2 or 3 (no 4s or 5s), SL Studio, ST Studio 1,2, or 3 (no 4s or 5s), 6500 Untraflex, 310/320, 960/965, 459/460

National: 157/158, 167/168, 180/181, 455

AMS: All

Dixie Narco: Series 90 (only if S2D multi-price)- 276/368/501T, All E-Series, Bev Max 2, 3, & 4

Royal: Merlin 3 or 4 only, G-series go back to Coke for major cosmetic issues.

Here's my assistant. She likes it when  Cajun comes to visit.

slide2._zpsbc2vmiku.jpg

Yes... I just sore some an old post with some picks of an AP 7600 & a Dixie Narco that you did awhile back too!

I couldn't help but notice that you don't refurb any USI, AMS or Vendo equipment.... is there a reason for that?

25 minutes ago, lacanteen said:

Here's my assistant. She likes it when  Cajun comes to visit.

slide2._zpsbc2vmiku.jpg

According to moondog.... your assistant must be the only one that likes it when the Cajun comes to visit ;D

3 minutes ago, kiwi said:

Yes... I just sore some an old post with some picks of an AP 7600 & a Dixie Narco that you did awhile back too!

I couldn't help but notice that you don't refurb any USI, AMS or Vendo equipment.... is there a reason for that?

Disregard the AMS comment as I noticed that they are on your list... I must be going blind like Cajun! ;D

2 hours ago, kiwi said:

We only own 1 USI that's newer than 10 years old. I trade them for A/P machines. As for Vendo, we don't own any newer than 15 years old, the bottlers own the rest. I am slowly reducing my Vendo stock. It keeps things simple. Only 15 left.

33 minutes ago, lacanteen said:

We only own 1 USI that's newer than 10 years old. I trade them for A/P machines.

Is there any particular reason you prefer AP over USI... I have heard alot of people on this forum complaining about how expensive parts are for USI so maybe that is your reasoning for going with AP's instead. 

Do you mind telling me what "new" snack machine manufacturer you use or do you only do refurbs?

40 minutes ago, lacanteen said:

As for Vendo, we don't own any newer than 15 years old, the bottlers own the rest. I am slowly reducing my Vendo stock. It keeps things simple. Only 15 left.

I am guessing that you are reducing your vendo stock for similar reasons as it makes sense to streamline your machines so that you don't have to carry parts for so many different lines of equipment.

I could be wrong... maybe you just don't like USI's or Vendo's ;D

2 minutes ago, kiwi said:

Is there any particular reason you prefer AP over USI... I have heard alot of people on this forum complaining about how expensive parts are for USI so maybe that is your reasoning for going with AP's instead. 

Do you mind telling me what "new" snack machine manufacturer you use or do you only do refurbs?

Why not USI?

-Parts are expensive, even as a Canteen franchise

-Doors are painted and plain-hard to make them look pretty and be cost effective. The older textured doors would be a golpher to wrap. All of the USI machines we own (35 down from 100) with 1 exception were inherited from acquisitions. The one exception is the Combi refrig/frozen recently purchased to land a big fish.

-The main reason: They don't make machines consistently the same within the same model. You cannot get the right part unless you have the model number & serial number. I have 600 national 167s and they all have the same parts. We also have over 900 A/Ps and parts are predictable and widely available. I stock over $75K in parts to keep my fleet running. We have trucks go to our divisions every day to deliver product. It is rare for a machine to be down for more than 24 hours. I can't come close to guaranteeing this with USI. My USI rep is a good friend of mine and was a friendly competitor in the past, but I can't make the leap just yet, even with no interest financing.

New: We get Crane Media. I download our logo or our customer's logo to the attract screen-scores a lot of points. I Purchase MEI (now CPI) exclusively. I began weeding out Coinco Mag & BA series several years ago and my repair costs have since cut in half. I will buy new Coinco 9302GX changer for most refurbs.

AMS is just too ugly for prime time and the machines use too many self drilling screws and pop rivets. In my mind, that's not engineering. Also, parts are erratic and getting expensive, and subject to change on nothing more than a whim. Cost savings over Crane is not enough to justify.

Archived