Honor box update

QuikVend

For example today i did 147 locations. My furthest location on todays route from my home is 30 miles. I did not mention i do have a helper to fill lolly and choc so when i arrive i am all set. I have about 800 boxes not locations many i have 2 some 3. Restaurants salons barbers nail salons tanning salons repair shops gas stations hotels restaurants include pizza diners etc... Brewerys i will put a box anywhere if i have boxes to spare i keep 10 for rotating. All of my routes have a majority within a 5 mile radius. Todays had about 100 takes about 3 hours without issues overly chatting customers/ any issues. The others on a particular route would be sides atreet on way to major city. Where i am there are no major city's  i have the 5 most populated citys in my state and the surrounding towns farthest drive from my home is 45 min

I'm using the candy for a cause boxes. I'm going to call tomorrow to see what they do for destroyed boxes. I'm not too worried about just 1, but if I end up losing anymore I'd like to know the process.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

For example today i did 147 locations. My furthest location on todays route from my home is 30 miles. I did not mention i do have a helper to fill lolly and choc so when i arrive i am all set. I have about 800 boxes not locations many i have 2 some 3. Restaurants salons barbers nail salons tanning salons repair shops gas stations hotels restaurants include pizza diners etc... Brewerys i will put a box anywhere if i have boxes to spare i keep 10 for rotating. All of my routes have a majority within a 5 mile radius. Todays had about 100 takes about 3 hours without issues overly chatting customers/ any issues. The others on a particular route would be sides atreet on way to major city. Where i am there are no major city's  i have the 5 most populated citys in my state and the surrounding towns farthest drive from my home is 45 min

Do you have lollipop only boxes? Where are those working the best for you?

Lollopops for me work best at nail salons mexican restaurants and bigger car repair/car washes. Choc normaly does better than lolly overall i use mars mostly but when places ask for change i give them hersheys mix and hershey nuggets. I give yorks to most of my sushi/chinese. 

Did I read correctly that you put multiple boxes in the same location?  I find it difficult for a lot of places to have counter space for one box, let alone more than one.  I assume that you could offer multiple products that way, but I would still see issues with it.  How many locations do you have then?

• 2 weeks later...
Location - $ - Shrink % - Profit - Cycle

*Salon #1 $13.95 - 44% - $7.20 - 1 mo.

*Salon #2 $19.37 - 23% - $12.35 - 1 mo.

*Salon #3 $7.50 (1st service since purchase 2 mo. ago) 

*Salon #4 

*Salon #5 $16.02 - 36% - $9.99 - 1 mo.

*Salon #6 $14.52 - 46% - $9.57 - 1 mo.

*Sushi Rest $5.25 - 79% - $(2.25) - 1 mo. 

*Salon #7 $8.50 - 66% - $5.44 - 1 mo.

Pizza Rest #1 - $25.25 - 38% - $15.70 - 2 wk.

Burrito Rest - $23.00 - 6% - $17.30 - 2 wk.

Pizza #2 - $17.90 - 54% - $8.74 - 2 wk.

Wing Rest - $23.74 - 28.1% - $16.04 - 1 mo.

Rib Rest

*Mexican Rest $9.37 - 72% - $1.67 - 2 wk.

Sandwich Shop $16.00 - 36% - $10.15 - 2 wk.

Pub #1 $21.47 - 26% - $14.68 - 1 mo.

Thai Rest #1

Mexican #2

Mexican #3

Burger Rest #1 $26.54 - 14% - $19.30 - 1 mo.

Pub #2

*Korean Rest

Burger #2

Thai #2 $10.35 - 56% - $4.88 - 1 mo.

Chinese Restaurant

Burger #3

Pub #3 $42.10 - (68)% - $36.25 - 1 mo.

Pub #4 $10.00 - 5% - $7.54 - 1 mo.

Pub #5

Pub #6 $8.42 - 12% - $6.19 - 1 mo.

Notes: 

Salon #3 was the first time I've collected since purchasing the boxes/locations

Sushi Restaurant was a joke. Told me they no longer wanted the box, all candy was gone(75 pieces mixed candy) and box was partially unfolded and torn. The girl that handed it to me broke the news to me and said "all the money is in there" with only $5 total of a possible $25. 

Pub #3 made up a bit for the Sushi restaurant. found a $5 and $20 bill in it. Pulled $42.10 of possible $33.

Mexican restaurant is one more poor performance from being pulled. After 2 really good services, the owner asked to be removed because they were selling mints for themselves. I offered to change to a mixed candy instead and he agreed. The box I swapped out and the first mixed candy box were both short 70+% after only being short 17% and 19% the first 2 services. 

Feel for ya man

Sent from my Z987 using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...

Hey quick vend... Any advice in the uturn arena? I just squired a route of about 7 customers.

Sent from my Z987 using Tapatalk

Shrink your hands so you can grab all the quarters that don't go in the trays lol. That, or glue sponges on the sides of the trays to help corral them. And make sure you check all your coin mechs each service (and have spare on hand ready to go). I've had a few that the coin holder wore out and the coin feel down too far and jammed as well as one that seemed to work normally, until you turned it counter-clockwise. It would just keep spinning and give away free candy.

Even with all the tips and tricks, some will still miss the canisters. Just butt them up against the chute and glue a sponge big enough to fill the gap between the canisters and the next chute. That will help quite a bit. I'll try to snap a picture of what I have set up next time I service.

Archived