Coin mech problem

Dtorres1318

I bought an old Polyvend machine, which from reading the posts I can see might not have been the best idea. Everything seems to work though I'm pretty new at this and I was able to check all the motors and everything the only problem I'm having though is with the Coin Mech which will not take any coins. I've tried reading the manual for the machine and I've found that I had what the machine called an error 3 or "The control board has lost communications with the changer" I was looking for some advice, Should I just buy another CoinCo mech and change it and hope it works? Is there any website you might recommend to order parts? Or if you know of any service places near the Cincinnati area which could fix the problem. I was going to upload pictures but it looks like I only have a 2mb limit. Also I thought it was weird that I could still use the mode functions on the machine to make the mech release the coins that I had placed myself in the changer? 

The model No. for the coin mech is 9302-LF manufactured by CoinCo

I'm going to take pity on you and send a changer to try. Make sure you turn the machine off before plugging or unplugging anything. The only thing you can check is to be sure the acceptor gate assy is plugged in. At the top of the changer are 2 cream colored or gray latches which when pushed down will allow you to tilt out the acceptor and look behind it. You should see a gray ribbon harness plugged into the board which is attached to the back plate.

Otherwise email me your info:

george@louisianacanteen.com

If this works, you must swear to avoid Polyvend, because they are not for newbies.

Haha I'm not sure if you're serious. And yeah I know how to remove everything I just can't figure out how to get it to work. And yeah I jumped the gun I just saw the price and decided to go for it instead of doing some research, I learned a lesson at least. 

I have a few polyvends and there is a learning curve with them.  Even though the first machine I bought (6 years ago) was an old polyvend 6632, I still couldn't diagnose your problem unless the machine was in front of me.  I'm surprised the machine even gave you an error.  Mine never tells me anything except "Enjoy a snack."

Well, here are a few tips that will come in real handy if you don't already know them:

1) There is a switch on the back of the sliding panel.  When you pull the panel out, the switch is essentially "off" and your electronics will be disabled during that time.  I guess their idea was that you couldn't screw anything up on accident that way.  If you need to program anything, you have to pull the switch out first and it's near the rear of the panel that slides out.  It's difficult to find at first.  This allows you to program the machine.  If you change any parts out though, you want the electronics disabled first.

2) On the specific 6632 I am referring to, I had some problems with the first coin mech I had in it.  The problem was with the coin mech's harness directly.  Once I switched it out later, the problems went away.

3) The Polyvend 6632 uses a 24v coin mech.  The most common mech I use for 24v machines (USI 30xx, older royal can machines, polyvends) is a Coinco 9302-L.  the "2" refers to 24 volts.  A 9300-L is 110v and is NOT compatible.  A 110v mech might plug into the female part of the harness but your coin mech will be ruined pretty much instantly if you put it in, so don't use anything unless it's a 24v non-MDB unit.  I'm not sure what the mars equivalent is off the top of my head but maybe a mars TRC 6010 (not to be confused with the TRC 6000).  I believe the TRC 6010 is also 24v and would work on the polyvend.

4) The 6632 is capable of having a mars validator installed but it can be a bit difficult to install as the machine was made for a MAKA and has totally different hardware.

5) My 6632 has pretty much never failed me.  Only the coin mech and the tiny bulb has failed.  Should the control board ever fail and I have another snack machine available, I'm taking a few motors, spirals, and the mech and validator out and sending that thing off to the scrap yard.  We all give our thumbs-down to polyvends here but it's not because they were necessarily bad machines.. but because a lot of parts are simply unobtainable.  ...and they look like crap.

Archived