RVV500 x-axis error

Mr Ed

I have an older RVV500 that has an intermittent problem with vending..It seems to freak out and jerk around every once in awhile when vending a product.THis drops the bottle and jams the machine...Most of the time it will give no errors when doing diagnostics but today it finally gave me an error of   Axis3 when i ran a production test and it failed...I replaced the x motor with a brand new one and still got the error.. Seemed to vend ok so I let it go but it jerked out again within an hour...THis time i unplugged and replugged the harness inside the cup and it seemed to make the error go away as it passed all diagnostics tests....ANyone have issues like this that may be able to give me a little advice?  possibly the wiring harness on the x axis?

Harness replacement is common, especially the older ones. Condensation on the motor encoder is also a common problem, but since you replaced the motor, logic dictates it's probably the harness.

The manual is here, if you don't have it. http://royalvendors.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/rvvngpccd.pdf

I agree since moving the wires temporarily fixed the machine the harness is the most likely fault.

Please note the original harness design was 1 wire from the board to the cup with no junction in between. If you have the one piece harness you will need the full kit. The last time I needed one it was a made to order item with a 2 week lead time and a $300.00 price tag. The newer harness is in 3 parts with connectors near the X and Y motors.

Walta

We have one of these where 1 of the cell selections has internally fell apart. I have no idea if it's repairable or if the entire cell assembly (part#815599) needs replaced. Coke service tech looked at it and he didn't know how to fix it. Anyone ever have this issue? 

1 hour ago, Walta said:

Snickers

Please post a photo of the broken part of the cell.

Walta

I can photo it next time I am there. It's where the plunger from the cup meets the cell-thhe inside of that cell selection has a a couple gears and a coil that just fell apart. It's only 1 selection affected but it's front and center of the machine and hate not being able to fill it. 

All the parts for the cells are available. The hard thing is the part numbers are not in the books. My local distributor orders them by description.

If yours has springs in with the gears discard the springs and reassemble. You should have 2 gears and 1 cup per selection everything just snaps together. I did have one cell that had worn to the point that the gears would slip past each other.  

Walta

On 12/25/2016 at 4:45 PM, Snickers said:

I can photo it next time I am there. It's where the plunger from the cup meets the cell-thhe inside of that cell selection has a a couple gears and a coil that just fell apart. It's only 1 selection affected but it's front and center of the machine and hate not being able to fill it. 

IMG_2684.JPG

IMG_2683.JPG

1 Throw away the spring, it was eliminated from later production machines.

2 Pry out the price tab holder while holding in the other cup so its spring does not send it flying.

3 Install a gear on the end of the screw that goes to the back of the shelf.

4 Install a gear on the back of the cup.

5 Install the cup in the shelf.

6 Snap on the price tab holder.

7 Move products pusher back and forth the cup should spin.

8 Test vend both selections.

Walta  

Archived