Machine w/out DEX

vender4321

Hi all, 

I picked up a route that includes some older machines that don't have a visible have a DEX input.  Some example of the older machines are below.  Am I just missing the input here?  Or could there be a adapter to plug in somewhere on the board, that I just don't see/access?  What are my options if I want to Dex these machines, if any? 

RV-804 (coke)

DN 501 (coke)

AP LCM2 (snack)

There is a DEX harness available for the Royal machine.  You don't say what model of DN501 you have.  It must be SIID for DEX to work.  I don't believe there is DEX data available from the LCM logic board.

RVCCR-804-13

DN501E

are what I have for models.   What Dex Harness do I buy and what do I need to do with it?  I assume that is an adapter and there is a place on the motherboard to plug it in?   Can I purchase 1 and use it between machines and models?  thx

42 minutes ago, Snickers said:

Inone technologies or Vendors exchange can sell you a retrofit board for your LCM snack machine that has the Dex. The factory boards don't Dex. 

Yep.  The upgrade boards VE and InOne sell come with DEX capability and harnesses for the LCM.  OEM LCM boards cannot do DEX. 

The other two machines have already been covered adequately.

• 3 months later...

Hi back to this thread.  My AP LCM2 machines I know do not Dex.  But are they MDB?  Can I hook up a credit card to it without replacing the logic board? Clearly, I can't send Dex reports to my VMS but would everything else work?  thx   

3 hours ago, vender4321 said:

Hi back to this thread.  My AP LCM2 machines I know do not Dex.  But are they MDB?  Can I hook up a credit card to it without replacing the logic board? Clearly, I can't send Dex reports to my VMS but would everything else work?  thx   

Yes Most all of them are MDB. I guess some of the older ones were not but all I have ever seen are MDB. The metal cover over the board should be on your machine so look and see if it has it labeled near the bottom. The harness needed is like $10 brand new. You remove the harness off your board currently labeled coin mech and bill Validator and add your new mdb harness-very easy. From what I hear the card reader will work but not report cash sales only credit sales. 

Archived