Orange Juice

newguy47591

I have a company breakroom requesting orange juice. I currently have a 20 oz soda, water machine here along with frozen food and snack units.

I have never done orange juice.. of course Ill be vending a Minute Maid from coke in a 15,9 ounce bottle.

My question is what should I charge? Im at 1.25 a bottle for soda/water. Im thinking 2.00 for orange juice..whats your thoughts?

On 12/27/2016 at 9:16 AM, newguy47591 said:

I have a company breakroom requesting orange juice. I currently have a 20 oz soda, water machine here along with frozen food and snack units.

I have never done orange juice.. of course Ill be vending a Minute Maid from coke in a 15,9 ounce bottle.

My question is what should I charge? Im at 1.25 a bottle for soda/water. Im thinking 2.00 for orange juice..whats your thoughts?

OJ generally has about a three week shelf life (which is why I shied away from stocking it)  You might want to take the excess spoilage into account when setting your price.  Seldom do special requests actually sell well.

I have two machines with OJ, by request, I only stock about a half case in each.  It doesn't sell well even though it was requested in both. 

However, both are large doctor's offices and asked for it for their diabetic patients.  The accounts are large enough to allow for the slow seller in one spot of a machine at each place.

I sell Bluebird OJ in the 12 oz cans for $1.75.

We tried the Minute Maid OJ and Apple juice from Coke and it simply did not sell. I believe we were at 1.50-2.00. Switched to Flordas Natural 12oz cans-shelf life is way better,pricing is cheaper too. 

I sell the Tropicana 10 OZ Orange juice for $1 at a hotel because the guests get free complimentary breakfast but for some reason no  juices like Oj.

It sells really well along with Tropicana 10 OZ Apple juice for $1.

I know I can charge more but I don't like to charge much for Oj because it doesn't sell a whole lot in the first place.

Each 10 OZ bottle ends up costing .50 from Sams so I still make good profit.

You can also get the larger size Tropicana 20 OZ juice and charge $1.50-2.  Cost is $1/bottle.

The Tropicana's are good juices.

I agree with everyone here.  Personally, I only stock the cheap 10 oz shelf-stable stuff that I get at Sam's Club and it only goes to one account.  It is one of the slowest selling items I "carry" in my inventory... and by "carry" I mean I buy it when it sells out at that one single location.

I have had MANY accounts in the past request orange juice or various other types of juices.  For whatever reason, they refuse to buy it when it's actually there.  Either the price is too high or it doesn't taste right or whatever.  It's not worth stocking if you ask me.

Archived